Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the Maverick back after the clutch update from BRP and all the warranty work to the tune of $4500 and went riding. The clutch held, the belt held, and I beat the living tar out of it today. I heard a squealing and we looked around and saw nothing. I figured it was brakes just making noise from all the mud etc. Well upon further review I was wrong and took these 2 pictures. Any ideas fellas? I looked and didn't see anything obvious, it has to be something the dealer did. I assume they didn't put something together correctly. Obviously the rim is destroyed...not terribly thrilled.
2013-07-13 19.57.23.jpg 2013-07-13 19.57.44.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
You had a rock stuck in there. It's semi common. I solved that with 14" rims.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Rocks or debri got caught in the wheel scraper.

Reactions: Northof49

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya man its chit getting stuck in there and caught by the mud scrapers, just in case it wasn't mentioned , ! lol

u can remove them , megadiesel did he got a bigger rock stuck in there and bent his caliper but he drives like a mad man to , lol :)

I removed mine to

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah hell, I don't know. There's a new stronger bolt kit and they did something to increase the friction between the 2 halves of the primary. It was all over my head...all I can tell you is it held together and I beat the hell out of it. I could feel it slipping though, so clearly it's in the future to get a QSC like everyone recommends. As soon as I get them to tell me no warranty void, it's getting replaced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone talked to their dealer about this? Did you get a new set of wheels? Realising this would be a long shot...

I washed mine for the first time tonight after 180 kilometers and the rims are all scratched as well.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I highly doubt a dealer is going to replace a wheel with some scratches in it. I would personally take the scrapers off, I think it's (3) 10mm and you're done.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I highly doubt a dealer is going to replace a wheel with some scratches in it. I would personally take the scrapers off, I think it's (3) 10mm and you're done.
yup, its that easy. I am making mud cover for the wheels, hopefully it will keep rocks from coming from the outside. and maybe a mudflap like the pro 4 trucks use. Under the center infront of the rear tires to keep rocks and stuff kicked up by the front tires.

·
Registered
791 Posts
So I got the Maverick back after the clutch update from BRP and all the warranty work to the tune of $4500 and went riding. The clutch held, the belt held, and I beat the living tar out of it today. I heard a squealing and we looked around and saw nothing. I figured it was brakes just making noise from all the mud etc. Well upon further review I was wrong and took these 2 pictures. Any ideas fellas? I looked and didn't see anything obvious, it has to be something the dealer did. I assume they didn't put something together correctly. Obviously the rim is destroyed...not terribly thrilled.
View attachment 3178 View attachment 3179
You were not able to lean in a little further and have a look at what was causing the problem?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts