Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the Maverick back after the clutch update from BRP and all the warranty work to the tune of $4500 and went riding. The clutch held, the belt held, and I beat the living tar out of it today. I heard a squealing and we looked around and saw nothing. I figured it was brakes just making noise from all the mud etc. Well upon further review I was wrong and took these 2 pictures. Any ideas fellas? I looked and didn't see anything obvious, it has to be something the dealer did. I assume they didn't put something together correctly. Obviously the rim is destroyed...not terribly thrilled.
Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
112 Posts
You had a rock stuck in there. It's semi common. I solved that with 14" rims.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Rocks or debri got caught in the wheel scraper.

Reactions: Northof49

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya man its chit getting stuck in there and caught by the mud scrapers, just in case it wasn't mentioned , ! lol

u can remove them , megadiesel did he got a bigger rock stuck in there and bent his caliper but he drives like a mad man to , lol :)

I removed mine to

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah hell, I don't know. There's a new stronger bolt kit and they did something to increase the friction between the 2 halves of the primary. It was all over my head...all I can tell you is it held together and I beat the hell out of it. I could feel it slipping though, so clearly it's in the future to get a QSC like everyone recommends. As soon as I get them to tell me no warranty void, it's getting replaced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone talked to their dealer about this? Did you get a new set of wheels? Realising this would be a long shot...

I washed mine for the first time tonight after 180 kilometers and the rims are all scratched as well.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
I highly doubt a dealer is going to replace a wheel with some scratches in it. I would personally take the scrapers off, I think it's (3) 10mm and you're done.

·
Premium Member
9,095 Posts
I highly doubt a dealer is going to replace a wheel with some scratches in it. I would personally take the scrapers off, I think it's (3) 10mm and you're done.
yup, its that easy. I am making mud cover for the wheels, hopefully it will keep rocks from coming from the outside. and maybe a mudflap like the pro 4 trucks use. Under the center infront of the rear tires to keep rocks and stuff kicked up by the front tires.

·
Registered
791 Posts
So I got the Maverick back after the clutch update from BRP and all the warranty work to the tune of $4500 and went riding. The clutch held, the belt held, and I beat the living tar out of it today. I heard a squealing and we looked around and saw nothing. I figured it was brakes just making noise from all the mud etc. Well upon further review I was wrong and took these 2 pictures. Any ideas fellas? I looked and didn't see anything obvious, it has to be something the dealer did. I assume they didn't put something together correctly. Obviously the rim is destroyed...not terribly thrilled.
View attachment 3178 View attachment 3179
You were not able to lean in a little further and have a look at what was causing the problem?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.