Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
This sounds like barbs flip, but she popped a tierod. I have driven a wheel off my machine without flipping it (bite my tongue) literally :shocked:
I know last time my wife drove she was trying to flip it n nothing. They are extremely stable,Maybe Jack flipped it or it coulda been jäger he's the one that try's flipping mine all the time. But even with those two guys always trying to push me over I haven't flipped anything (knock on wood) except bugers back at camp..... Get up,dust yourself off,take the raggin your friends give you..like a man, n get back out there. Trust me that machine is more dependable then your driving.:smile:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey Lbswank, no wonder you have no worries, your stance is wide as hell. You have spacers and/or offsets?
Off sets, 2/5 is what I'm running. Even with the offset I haven't had to turn around or go a different way because I'm to wide but I am the widest buggy in our group, n oh man it makes for great donuts. When we head back to camp we have a donut field, everybody winds up stopping to watch us cause it's crazy. With a lil moisture on the grass I can get that maverick lookin like gravedigger when he pulls his donuts. I'll see if my wife has a video.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, ran out of talent... That must be it.

We were running offroad all day long wide open. During lunch break -
(I run an event near Big Bend every year for Shelby owners to raise money for local charities in Terlingua, and its located at an airport where we run our cars 1/4 and 1/2 mile drags. The offroad stuff just happened out of chance when we took off in my raptor across the desert three years ago, and decided to start bringing my RZR and doing ride alongs.)
I took one if the other directors over to where the lunchroom was so he could take a piss, he jumped back in, and then we were gonna head over to a gas pump. I was facing the opposite way, so I went to turn around, (not on pavement) and it just went over. I was unable to get the steering wheel to budge once it started going, hence the sprained wrist- irony being I got the SuperATV kit the day before I left, but just ran out of time to install, and I believe it would have saved us if I could have cut the wheel back the other way.

There were a shitload of people around us, so as a director, it would have been almost as stupid as some of you guys would have me made out to be to go full throttle through a crowd of local spectators and many kids.

I see this forum has its fair share of trolls. My intention was to give a heads up on a potential serious circumstantial issue, not to have some of you experts go off half cocked about something you know zero about.

Thanks for the positive feedback though- I will feel free to not share a damn thing in the future. When some poor guy crushes one of his kids in a neighborhood incident of this, you guys can tell him what a poor driver he must have been.
Ah man, I really really wasn't trying to be an ass, like heavy said we treat each other like the guys we hang out with. You know some friendly ripping, but we are always there to help n are always concerned bout the next guy(as long as he has a maverick:smile:)
I didn't realize u said u were on asphalt. That makes a big difference. Mine only sees asphalt to n from the trailer they are a totally different bike on hardtop. Did you do the SuperAtv kit yet I have the same one. There's a couple things to look for on install let me know if you haven't done it yet so I can tell ya what you might have to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts