Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
What do you all think of that fabric top on the new maverick? I was thinking about purchasing one with my maverick.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Thanks, I really like how it can roll up for them hot days and have it for night rides when it cools down. I'm just curious to how well the fabric material will hold up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
5.75" lower than stock... 73.75" to 68"
thanks! getting close to wildcat height, and may make the Mav an option for me. I need to be able to fit in a 7' garage while on the trailer. under 84" at the door. Sounds like your 68" mav could fit on an 18" trailer if I strap it down a couple inches. Will be tight.

How crazy would it be to have a quick release option to remove the stock cage? Asking you because you are one of few who has installed and removed one.

regardless, thanks for quick response. if I won the lotto, a custom UTV inc Mav build would be on my short list :)

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
After looking at the stock cage off a Mav and seeing how the front mounts are connected to the frame that stock cage is going in the trash. No way I trust the Mav's cage. Also after seeing how Icky's commanders cage folded on a slow front roll over I'm convince the stock cage sucks. Going to build a cage like my commander's cage.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good idea, but probably not a good idea to store with flat tires. A bit of a hassle to deflate and reinflate every time I put the trailer away.

Regardless, I need a really low trailer. If anyone has links to some, please pass them along.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Good idea, but probably not a good idea to store with flat tires. A bit of a hassle to deflate and reinflate every time I put the trailer away.

Regardless, I need a really low trailer. If anyone has links to some, please pass them along.

Thanks again.
you can drop a couple of inches by adding lower profile tires to your trailer! and your right . if you put some d-rings on your trailer close to the front and rear of machine you will be able to pull it down an easy 4 inches ! realisticly much more but 4 no problem

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
U are gonna tear up your suspension trailering it around bound down like that, it takes enough abuse without being put in a bind like that. The springs will certainly wear faster not sure the damage to the shocks, u need to find other optuons

·
Registered
72 Posts
U are gonna tear up your suspension trailering it around bound down like that, it takes enough abuse without being put in a bind like that. The springs will certainly wear faster not sure the damage to the shocks, u need to find other optuons
understood. the ratchet down idea is just to get it under the garage opening. I would loosen it up completely while stored and only just enough while trailering.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts