Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
yeah,but it took them a month,just a crappy dealer that i would never deal with again. sorry to hear about your axle ,i hope your dealer gets you fixed up in a timely manner.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
defective axle they will get u fixed up

Reactions: ogduner

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have, broke a few axles on my Rhino :)
that was before I learned how to let off the throttle when in the air, and also upgrading to 300M Summers Bros axles.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Lucky, mine has been in 5 weeks and counting to replace the wheel
5 weeks for a wheel?

there is 10 on ebay ready to ship to u and ride in 3 days !

·
Registered
371 Posts
5 weeks for a wheel?

there is 10 on ebay ready to ship to u and ride in 3 days !
Well wheel and axle,popped the lower cv when the wheel broke. Yeah buying the parts myself would of been way faster, but with just 4.5 hours on a 17k machine and broken. I was way to mad to spend money on fixing it myself

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In talks with having my ride used as a test platform with a company that specializes in high performance axles for street cars. They want the broken axle left on to evaluate the reason it broke. Once the deal is done I will let y'all know how it goes. If they can make a set for the Maverick you can guarantee they will be the strongest on the market, period.

From what I've seen so far, there isn't many choices when it comes to aftermarket axles and the ones that are available do not have lifetime warranties.

·
Registered
527 Posts
That's Nuts, were you beating on it at all? Or did it just break out of no where?? Oh and yeah, I feel ya on the dealers, they are no fun dealing with. I have yet to have to with mine, but in the past it's never been fun!! And I've delt with a few of them all, Kawasaki, popo, Honda and Suzuki. They all seem the same!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
As nice and clean as that break appears in the photo...it looks pretty clean... wheels spinning fast on dirt then grabbing pavement or similar situation or a good old fashioned manufacturer production Imperfection or defect..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
that looks more like a defect then a break????

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's Nuts, were you beating on it at all? Or did it just break out of no where?? Oh and yeah, I feel ya on the dealers, they are no fun dealing with. I have yet to have to with mine, but in the past it's never been fun!! And I've delt with a few of them all, Kawasaki, popo, Honda and Suzuki. They all seem the same!!

I was was just riding behind my house, there's a decent field with trees and a few small ditches. I made a makeshift track weaving in and out of the tress and through the ditches. Riding around at a decent pace but nothing crazy, when I hit the straightaway and gave it some gas I could feel the ass end pulling to the right, I knew something was broke. Jumped out and saw that. It looks as if it was cut with a cutoff wheel. It's pretty much a completely straight break. It's really strange. Rather than have the dealer fix it with stock axles and such I remembered there's a well known company close by that makes axles for cars with IRS. I gave him a call and he's been wanting a Maverick in his shop for a test rig to build axles for. I should be dropping it off on the 8th and he'll have it for a month. I'm excited to see what he comes up with.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I was was just riding behind my house, there's a decent field with trees and a few small ditches. I made a makeshift track weaving in and out of the tress and through the ditches. Riding around at a decent pace but nothing crazy, when I hit the straightaway and gave it some gas I could feel the ass end pulling to the right, I knew something was broke. Jumped out and saw that. It looks as if it was cut with a cutoff wheel. It's pretty much a completely straight break. It's really strange. Rather than have the dealer fix it with stock axles and such I remembered there's a well known company close by that makes axles for cars with IRS. I gave him a call and he's been wanting a Maverick in his shop for a test rig to build axles for. I should be dropping it off on the 8th and he'll have it for a month. I'm excited to see what he comes up with.
I would still have dealer fix it all and u can keep the parts for spares

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would still have dealer fix it all and u can keep the parts for spares
I was initially going to do that however the company wants the broken axle on the machine so they can evaluate the cause of the break. These guys build 1500hp capable axles with a lifetime warranty. I want them to have everything the need to make a set of indestructible axles for the maverick and I would assume eventually other side by sides.

Has anyone heard of or seen a broken front axle on these? Do you think upgraded front axles are something that needs to be addressed?

Sent via fax

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've been off-road racing since the 80's here in the west. Sorry to say but once you think you've got a part that won't break, another is going to rear it's ugly head. This is true of everything from 1/10 scale vehicles to trophy trucks. It's just the way it is. The axle I saw in the pick looks like a typical manufacturers air defect. Came across many off those while racing. This why you have to do shake downs before every race. New parts fail. We are riding around in machines that are 1300 pounds with over 100 HP. My class 1600 race car weighed 1675#'s and only had about 65 to 70 HP VW engine. The parts on that machine were all way bigger. Summer Bro axles, stub axles, 930 Porsche CV's. Also expensive. Wanna go fast, it's going to bleed your wallet.

I also noticed lots of rock chips on axle. If riding in areas where there is a lot of pebbles or rocks, try wrapping axles with grip tape to protect.

Reactions: Sonic3d
1 - 20 of 21 Posts