Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As u can see there are lips on the back of the wheel! And these spacers aren't allowing the wheel to set flush on the spacers? These were supposed to be for a maverick! Wtf is goin on?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Removing metal seems to me it would make it unbalanced! So they can just refund me , or make it right! Shouldn't have to do that crap.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have spacers but have not noticed a problem. I guess I should check them out.

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
Removing metal seems to me it would make it unbalanced! So they can just refund me , or make it right! Shouldn't have to do that crap.

just get out your 4" angle grinder with flapper wheel, jack the rear of the car up, remove wheels, have you life partner start the maverick up and put it in gear, then you grind away untill the wheels fit correctly.

balanced tires are for street cars, do you remove chunks of mud when they are caked in your tires?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ummmmm no thanks! I have no doubt I could make them fit ,but fact is they were supposed to fit! So I'm not doin any of that crap! I just wanted to know if any 1 else has had a similar experience.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u could grab the wifes nail file and take your time and sand it down to

but starting it up sounds faster !

·
Registered
221 Posts
or if u have a buddy with a lathe just have the outer edge of the spacer milled off on a 45deg champer.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
His point is he should not have to do any mods to make the parts he paid for fit his car. I agree with him. When I pay for something that is suppose to fit, then why the hell should I have to do anything except install. It's just piss poor quality control.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Like the op says you shouldn't have to fix a vendors bs f-up. It surprises me that many will fix the vendors mistake. No wonder some vendors keep selling shit because buyers will fix their shit. I prefer to let the vendor know so that future buyers have a better experience buying product.

I'm venting a bit because my aftermarket experience has not been good so far in general.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'd just do a little grinding.
I get it but you shouldn't have to do that when you pay this kind of money for a part that is suppose to fit.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I got ahold of them thru email, they said to send them back with pics and explanation? Lol! Really. Like I'm lying they just need to refund my moolah! And I'll buy some that fit, or maybe that was a sign I dnt need them? Lol

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
There probably Commander spacers, the wheel is different on the Maverick & won't fit. Some manufacturers don't even know, I'm supplying one of my wheels to one of my local manufacturers when I get back in town so they can correct the issue.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dune gear ! I bought them from ebay not this site, but I thought at first glance they kinda looked like factory utv spacers. Plus they weren't cheap price wise, so I thought for sure they'd be fine!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah they look exactly like my UTV inc ones, but UTV inc ones fit perfectly with no modifying needed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts