Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Xrs in yesterday to Cowtown Powersports in Fort Worth to get noises and battery problems checked out. They said it sounded like the clutch and that they had one in stock ready for my machine. BRP had sent one to the dealership knowing that one of the two Xrs's they had sold were involved in the recall (mine) in anticipation of its return. Pretty cool! Also had to get jump pack to get maverick off of trailer as battery was dead again. Warranty again. No problem. They are also going to go over brakes and a few other things while its in the shop at no charge. This was right at closing time yesterday and they said the maverick would be ready by today and available for pick up Saturday. Pretty awesome customer service and a quick turnaround for sure! I highly recomend these guys to anyone in the DFW area.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
congrats,I'm sure that makes you feel much better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha! Yeah man its good to see they are standing behind their product. Very impressed. Ready to go thrash this thing some now!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Not that I know of. They were going to start on it on Wednesday. That's two days after I dropped it off. Then they are going to have to order parts. I will check in on it today.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Has anyone had issues and not been contacted by their dealer for repairs/recalls?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have heard a lot of good things about Cowtown in other forums.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked it up yesterday and everything was as they said it would be. Clutch recall kit, squeek on right front brake gone (it almost drove the wife insane,lol), new battery installed (starts stronger than it ever did), and as an extra they added some foam tape to stop the rattle on rear bedliner. I hadnt even mentioned that to em, just figured thats how it was. They even tightened the springs a little because we had talked about how it rolled pretty bad in the corners. Salesman and two service department guys came out to check it out and make sure we were happy with it. Couldnt have gone any better!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Took my Xrs in yesterday to Cowtown Powersports in Fort Worth to get noises and battery problems checked out. They said it sounded like the clutch and that they had one in stock ready for my machine. BRP had sent one to the dealership knowing that one of the two Xrs's they had sold were involved in the recall (mine) in anticipation of its return. Pretty cool! Also had to get jump pack to get maverick off of trailer as battery was dead again. Warranty again. No problem. They are also going to go over brakes and a few other things while its in the shop at no charge. This was right at closing time yesterday and they said the maverick would be ready by today and available for pick up Saturday. Pretty awesome customer service and a quick turnaround for sure! I highly recomend these guys to anyone in the DFW area.
I may have switch to to them. I'm using Fort Worth powersports

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I will you fair warning about Cowtown Powersports. I had one of three worst dealership experiences of my life with them. They lied to me for months about a Seadoo boat and then tried to rip me off to the tune of $1000s of dollars. I finally traded the boat in at Searay and left them deal with the nightmare. They also said that cowtown was totally crooked after dealing with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts