Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had independent confirmation from two different dealers, inadvertant slips of the tongue, that the new Maverick will have 101hp and 14 inches of travel. I was hoping for more suspension i.e. wildcat 18 inches but depending on the wheelbase it might do just fine. No mention of 5 speed paddle shifter to either dealer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
14" of travel is comparable to the XP, its good enough for me.
I hope it has 13 or more inches of ground clearance as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hope its more than 101hp, because that is not a very big step up from the XP. If they want to take some of this market they need to really up the ante. I have a wildcat and it will take a "next level" machine to make me walk away. Im sure most XP owners feel the same way.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Present state of the art sport sxs's are the xp and the wildcat. Based on these spec's I see the new Maverick as being competitive not "next level". Too bad nobody wants to make the machine we all dream of. That will have to remain in the after market realm.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am pretty sure that Can Am will smoke the xp and the kitty hands down with any new models, and the fit and finish that brp puts into it's vehicles is always far superior. Hopefully Can Am will turn the xp into the "rhino" just my .02

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am pretty sure that Can Am will smoke the xp and the kitty hands down with any new models, and the fit and finish that brp puts into it's vehicles is always far superior. Hopefully Can Am will turn the xp into the "rhino" just my .02
Highly doubt this is going to happen...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What gets me are the aftermarket vendors who have seen the Maverick in action and are gushing about how "right" they got it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Brp likes to make money, it will be better than the other sport side by sides - for now, so it will sell well, down the road it will be upgraded and offer more variations.

·
Registered
477 Posts
What gets me are the aftermarket vendors who have seen the Maverick in action and are gushing about how "right" they got it.
What ur saying sounds Great....If they like them we should love them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts