Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Dang it, I didn't get the light show yesterday.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Would you quit working on your tan and get that thing finished up. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Love the dash and nice touch on the bump stops. You plan on Racing?
thanks, external bumps are not legal in most racing. No im not racing it. I built the bumps a couple years ago for my two seater and they bolted on my 4 seater just the same. Its very nice to have them, I can run my valving softer and let the bumps handle the big G-outs.

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Love the dash and nice touch on the bump stops. You plan on Racing?
Only if you consider being a drag queen racing...

On a serious note Mega did design those bump stops from scratch. A bolt on kit. Pretty ingenuitve.

Tim

Tim

Reactions: Megadesertdiesel

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
thanks, external bumps are not legal in most racing. No im not racing it. I built the bumps a couple years ago for my two seater and they bolted on my 4 seater just the same. Its very nice to have them, I can run my valving softer and let the bumps handle the big G-outs.
I did not know bump stops were illegal in racing. Curious why?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Ah ok, seems odd that yes they are a shock however manufactured as a bump stop. Rubber is used for bump stops too lol

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
He doesn't want to say it lol. But Shock Therapy couldn't stop it from bottoming out when Duning so he made a megabandage.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Reactions: Extrememc

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Mega, I love most everything you come up with to make a better X3..., but..., position of the reservoirs... would not have been my choice.
Still, love your build!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Mega, I love most everything you come up with to make a better X3..., but..., position of the reservoirs... would not have been my choice.
Still, love your build!
different strokes for different folks. I wanted them low and not sticking up above the bed.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Could you fit them below the fenders; left and right of the spare?
possibly, but the hoses are very stiff and don't like to bend much. I have some other bracing under the bed that holds up each side and mounts the bumps that might be in the way.

161 - 180 of 212 Posts