Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
This is the most massive undertaking on a SxS I have ever seen on a forum or on Youtube! Good job Mega, you are unbelievably talented!!
I have gopro video of the whole process I need to start editing to show it all from receiving the new frame and adding gussetts to tear down of two seater and rebuild of the MEGAmax. But im not a good video editing person so it will take a while

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
massive undertaking, come on its just a utv... he did not build the frame,
no real custom built parts. dont take this wrong...he is doing lots of great work on his build (y)

·
Premium Member
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
massive undertaking, come on its just a utv... he did not build the frame,
no real custom built parts. dont take this wrong...he is doing lots of great work on his build (y)
40 hours worth of welding and adding custom gussetts to this frame. 72 hours so far into tear down and swap, with another 24ish to go before DDFD. (done done fucking done)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you gonna have Shock Therapy re-spring and re-valve your shocks for the heavier Mega Max? With all the guys following this thread they would be smart to do it for free and throw in some S.T. goodies!

·
Premium Member
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Are you gonna have Shock Therapy re-spring and re-valve your shocks for the heavier Mega Max? With all the guys following this thread they would be smart to do it for free and throw in some S.T. goodies!
haha, you are not getting anything free or discounted from ST. My car is too custom with the extra chingas's I have on the rear suspension. I decided to take matters into my own hands and buy a spring rater tool to see what springs I have now and will crack open my own shocks and tweek on them to get them the way I want. It will take time to get it right but at least I will know the exact rates and internals I have and how to do it myself.

·
Premium Member
6,944 Posts
haha, you are not getting anything free or discounted from ST. My car is too custom with the extra chingas's I have on the rear suspension. I decided to take matters into my own hands and buy a spring rater tool to see what springs I have now and will crack open my own shocks and tweek on them to get them the way I want. It will take time to get it right but at least I will know the exact rates and internals I have and how to do it myself.

That will ensure you can haul 3 fat gay guys in the extra seats and not bottom out....at least the not car just to clarify!

Tim

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's excellent that you used your skills to adjust your own shocks. I'm SO TIRED of hearing about Shock Therapy as if they have the keys to the castle and we cannot live without them.

I have a much more simplistic example. I made a HUGE change in my comfort and handling on tough trails 3 months ago simply by buying 225 pound Eibachs for the front and having Ride Now replace the 275 pound springs that were put on there in January 2019 for the dunes. I didn't lose any clearance either. Since I'm doing all terrain riding now, it was a hunch that I had and it has paid off 100%. I still have 325 pound springs in the back, and they work fine and serve their purpose. I finally figured out that the front was the problem. It was one of those Sedona trails that convinced me I had to do something.

·
Premium Member
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
It's excellent that you used your skills to adjust your own shocks. I'm SO TIRED of hearing about Shock Therapy as if they have the keys to the castle and we cannot live without them.

I have a much more simplistic example. I made a HUGE change in my comfort and handling on tough trails 3 months ago simply by buying 225 pound Eibachs for the front and having Ride Now replace the 275 pound springs that were put on there in January 2019 for the dunes. I didn't lose any clearance either. Since I'm doing all terrain riding now, it was a hunch that I had and it has paid off 100%. I still have 325 pound springs in the back, and they work fine and serve their purpose. I finally figured out that the front was the problem. It was one of those Sedona trails that convinced me I had to do something.
ST is a great advertising machine who makes a lot of parts and by making it super easy to just drop off and they bolt it all on. Their suspension DOES ride better when you spend the time to understand and have them adjust it a couple times.

Playing with spring and shocks is no big deal, it just takes trial and error plus the willingness to do it yourself. LOTS of sxs owners have more credit card debt than brains and would rather charge it than do it themselves.

·
Premium Member
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Today progress:

-dual Switch-Pros brain mount made and installed
-dash plate made for Switch-Pros, AIM belt temp gauge, Pedal Commander and Wet Sounds Bluetooth audio controller
- plated the underside of the dash for the center mounted OEM dash
-mounted my GPS antenna
-mounted the Rugged Radio antenna

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
And now we get the truth. The unicorn horn controller next to his “let the dessert hear your tunes controller”. Are you going to added gasser type leaf springs to go with the gold metal flake plate holding the radios?

·
Premium Member
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
And now we get the truth. The unicorn horn controller next to his “let the dessert hear your tunes controller”. Are you going to added gasser type leaf springs to go with the gold metal flake plate holding the radios?
Ill keep the gold, it matches my dirt wheels and sand wheels. The Wetsounds Bluetooth adapter is for my phone to play Spotify into my Rugged Radio intercom. I had a Sirius Sattelite radio but its not waterproof and i had intermittent issues with it. Ill use tha app when service is available and Spotify downloads when not. All controlled through the Wetsounds Bluetooth chingas while my phone sits in the door bag.

·
Premium Member
6,944 Posts
Umm excuse me.....
The color is actually called " Golden unicorn glitter piss"
It's a proprietary color Mega invented.

It's like a gay banner glittering in the sun as Mega drives like little old lady across the dunes at Glamis.
Tim

101 - 120 of 156 Posts