Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i wanted more wheelbase and Room for the wife and dog. I ordered up a 2020 max frame in January along with every gusset kit i could find. Lonestar racing, TMW, Weller racing, S3 Powersports and UTV Distribution is where i looked to for extra strength i wanted.

The frame arrived and i sent it out to be chemically stripped and sand blasted to ensure i had bare metal to weld onto. Along with the above kits i expanded upon them and added my own where i felt the need and a couple just because i had a bare frame. I also made my own front shock tower support with limit strap tabs. After over 40 hours of welding i used a case of Steel-It (stainless steel paint) tO cover everything. Then i added over 150 nutcerts to the bottom of the frame to hold the skid plates and panels on. I was going to powdercoat but i change and weld to things all too much to do that.

After all the gussets and plating i weighed the frame at the local rock yard and i only adde 60# of weight to a 300# starting point. Yes thats right!! the max frame with upper OEM cage only weighs 300#. Not bad for a pile of muffler tubing.

Next up was building a rollcage that connected to the 2020 frame in the 6 OEM Plus two A-pillar supports and two rear upper shock mount tabs. For a total 10 connections to the frame, Gonna be a solid unit.

I started pulling the two seater apart this morning after a Bleach burnout in the garage.

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
Oh Yea!

I am looking forward to this build!

Tim

Reactions: Desert Dog

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
Let the fun and rebuild begin on Mega X3 2.0 XL.

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
No wonder you complained about low voltage! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tim

Reactions: Hawk

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
98 Posts
seen you just sold your lowrance Plus the antenna which makes me think you are not buying another lowrance (offerup was still showing your listing as sold last night)...what you buying if not lowrance? Going to a tablet ? Also, I'm surprised YOU are using the stock seats.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wannabe Mega's next door neighbor, good luck brother, wish I could be there to help/watch. More pictures, please.

·
Premium Member
8,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
seen you just sold your lowrance Plus the antenna which makes me think you are not buying another lowrance (offerup was still showing your listing as sold last night)...what you buying if not lowrance? Going to a tablet ? Also, I'm surprised YOU are using the stock seats.
Lowrance yes and ALWAYS!!! Eff tablets that you cannot see and have 13 wires hanging off them just to make them work piss poor. Been there done that!

I picked up an older Lowance with an 11” screen and it will be placed infront of the steering wheel and gauge cluster relocated to center where the device holder was. Then two 8 button switch-pros under that.

Seats? Yeah i picked up some brand new stockers from a buddy, and figured why not sell the old ones and use the new ones. I only like Sparco and Kirkey style seats, but that aint in my budget right now. Main goal is to get this car up and running then think about doors and seats later.

BTW i have the electronic device holder for sale since the Lowrance sold without it.

·
Premium Member
8,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wannabe Mega's next door neighbor, good luck brother, wish I could be there to help/watch. More pictures, please.
No you dont!! I’m up by 5am beating, banging, and grinding on shit fri, sat and sundays. My neighbors just stop by and ask what i building next. And next is a 14’ trailer to haul this turd on, my 123D wasn’t long enough.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Are you building a 4 seater or a stretched 2 seater like the Honda race sxs built ok n the 4 seat frame?

1 - 20 of 133 Posts