Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Two piece front windshield: How do you like it?

10K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  dheard 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if I should buy a two piece front windshield or buy a separate one piece full windshield and a 1/2 windshield.

Gregg

#2 ·
Do you want it to block the wind or are you trying to keep mud out of your face? The 1/2 windshields do a good job of pushing the air up and over under most conditions. If you want to keep mud and flying debris out, than go with the full windshield...

#4 ·
Personally I don't run a windshield but have several Friends that do. The 2 piece windshield is not my first choice as the overlapping joint tends to distract you and interfere with your view and always tends to collect dirt easier than the rest of the windshield. I would settle on a one piece full windshield or a half or 1/4 windshield and not the 2 piece windshield. Just my $0.02

#6 ·
post some pics when you get them….

#13 ·
I personally have a brp 1/2 windshield for summer riding and made myself a full glass one for winter riding. The plexi dosnt do to well when you need to scrape ice it gets scratched up. So I defantly would recommend at least the 1/2 shield. All depends on the pocket book also.

#15 ·
I'd like to really have a two piece that you could remove the top part in the summer, then put it back on in the summer. One thing is I do a lot of road ridding, like 70% road miles, I did look at the EMP full windshield, I did kinda like it! I think a full one would be nice on the road!! Looks to be a quick removal for if your were to do some hard core woods ridding!! hum decisions decisions-Haha

#18 ·
Cinergy can u post some pics please .

#19 ·
Here are some pics of the installed Kolpin.......
Vehicle Automotive exterior Windshield Automotive design Car
Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system Vehicle Rim
Tire Vehicle Auto part Bicycle wheel Wheel
Auto part Engine
Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system Vehicle Rim
Room Architecture Tile Furniture Interior design
Room Wall Furniture Interior design Architecture
Motor vehicle Windshield Vehicle Glass Automotive exterior
Windshield Vehicle Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Glass
Product Windshield Vehicle Auto part Glass

Reactions: Tbtexas.com
#20 ·
that looks interesting.....is the overlapping section in your field of view when driving?

#21 ·
No, It is not in my field of view. I am 6'1. If I were to give it a number where it might be of concern maybe if someone was 5'4 or 5'5.. Even then, it is just a line, nothing to irritating. I have used this windshield late nights in heavy fog at the coast and had no problems. I like to coat the hell out of it with RAINX and it really stays clear like that........

#22 ·
thanks....I am 6' 2" so it should be an issue....

#23 ·
No Problem. Let me know if you want to know where to get it for the best price :)

#24 ·
sure thing, let me know. It is on my list but down a ways :)

#25 ·
pardon my ignorance but what is the benefit of the windshield just tilting that little bit vs being able to completely remove it out of you way?? How about a pic from driver seat? Kinda see how it is looking out?

#26 ·
No problem for the question rocker. The benefit of that is when your behind other rigs especially at the sand dunes or very dusty conditions, you can't tilt it up to help ventillate out the cab but still have some protection fot your eyes and vision...it's a pretty cool feature and quite handy after using one for a couple years... i will post up a pic from drivers seat when I'm back at the shop tomorrow and post it up...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#30 ·
Your welcome.

#32 ·
Me ?? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.