Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
that looks interesting.....is the overlapping section in your field of view when driving?
No, It is not in my field of view. I am 6'1. If I were to give it a number where it might be of concern maybe if someone was 5'4 or 5'5.. Even then, it is just a line, nothing to irritating. I have used this windshield late nights in heavy fog at the coast and had no problems. I like to coat the hell out of it with RAINX and it really stays clear like that........

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks....I am 6' 2" so it should be an issue....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
sure thing, let me know. It is on my list but down a ways :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
pardon my ignorance but what is the benefit of the windshield just tilting that little bit vs being able to completely remove it out of you way?? How about a pic from driver seat? Kinda see how it is looking out?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
pardon my ignorance but what is the benefit of the windshield just tilting that little bit vs being able to completely remove it out of you way?? How about a pic from driver seat? Kinda see how it is looking out?
No problem for the question rocker. The benefit of that is when your behind other rigs especially at the sand dunes or very dusty conditions, you can't tilt it up to help ventillate out the cab but still have some protection fot your eyes and vision...it's a pretty cool feature and quite handy after using one for a couple years... i will post up a pic from drivers seat when I'm back at the shop tomorrow and post it up...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
IMG_0803.JPG I really like this set up. As you can see, I can still see, and not a lot of mud was on my goggles. Very Little if any, yes legs and arms covered, but not my goggles. (Just cut the middle out.) I'm 6'4" and this works great.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Here is a picture with camera on the center of dash lowest point looking out, then one with me in drivers seat holding camera in my field of vision....
DSC00533.JPG DSC00534.JPG

·
Registered
527 Posts
That looks pretty nice! thanks for the pic's, doesn't look like it would be hard to see out of at all!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That looks pretty nice! thanks for the pic's, doesn't look like it would be hard to see out of at all!
Your welcome.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
What would you think about testing out some new tear-offs I'm developing? Won't cost you anything
Me ?? :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm 5'11" and have the Kolpin split windshield and love it. I don't find that it affects my field of vision at all. It was nice when it got real dirty and in a couple minutes without any tools I removed it and cleaned it in the pond and put the thing back on.

MaddMack

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It is absolutely stability and does not flex. It is a much thicker and rigid type of lexan.. that's why I have bought my second one. Very impressed when I had one on my commander

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's looks pretty similar actually....

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same Koplin as Cinergy, Love it. To tell a quick story, my buddy was in front of me and pulled out a little hard and slung gravel on the windshield, I kinda got pissed and told him to pay better attention. Long story short, when I got home and washed it, it didn't have a scratch on it. Again, very tough and very easy to use on cool mornings and warm evenings. Nice option to have while you never know what mother nature has in store.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts