Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if I should buy a two piece front windshield or buy a separate one piece full windshield and a 1/2 windshield.

Gregg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Do you want it to block the wind or are you trying to keep mud out of your face? The 1/2 windshields do a good job of pushing the air up and over under most conditions. If you want to keep mud and flying debris out, than go with the full windshield...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just wondering if the two piece windshield works well. On a two piece windshield the upper piece can be removed and hence a 1/2 windshield. I'm just wondering how people like the two piece design.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Personally I don't run a windshield but have several Friends that do. The 2 piece windshield is not my first choice as the overlapping joint tends to distract you and interfere with your view and always tends to collect dirt easier than the rest of the windshield. I would settle on a one piece full windshield or a half or 1/4 windshield and not the 2 piece windshield. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
post some pics when you get them….

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I got the Oem 1/4 or 1/2 whatever it is and then I had my local glass place cut me a upper piece out 1/4 inch plexi...works great and I have the option of taking it off witch I do a lot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can you show us a pic of it? I also have the OEM 1/2 windshield and it really sucks, all my friends have the half style and they work(polaris , artic cat machines) but mine does not for some reason

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the BRP does a good job of keeping dust and wind out of my face. Although I'm only 5'10.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I personally have a brp 1/2 windshield for summer riding and made myself a full glass one for winter riding. The plexi dosnt do to well when you need to scrape ice it gets scratched up. So I defantly would recommend at least the 1/2 shield. All depends on the pocket book also.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'd like to really have a two piece that you could remove the top part in the summer, then put it back on in the summer. One thing is I do a lot of road ridding, like 70% road miles, I did look at the EMP full windshield, I did kinda like it! I think a full one would be nice on the road!! Looks to be a quick removal for if your were to do some hard core woods ridding!! hum decisions decisions-Haha

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'd like to really have a two piece that you could remove the top part in the summer, then put it back on in the summer. One thing is I do a lot of road ridding, like 70% road miles, I did look at the EMP full windshield, I did kinda like it! I think a full one would be nice on the road!! Looks to be a quick removal for if your were to do some hard core woods ridding!! hum decisions decisions-Haha
Ya sounds good. I think two piece one would do well in that type riding.
Also good luck on your decisions decisions

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Here is my opinion/experience with the windshields. I have had both the Kolpin 2 piece tiliting and the EMP Full with the quick release straps. I literally last night just finished bolting on the new Kolpin 2 piece on my new max. I have tried 3 different windshields on three other machines in total and I will tell you the quality, fitment and brackets compare to no other IMO. I ran the Kolpin on my Commander and was VERY rough on the machine!! The thickness of the Polycarbonate Lexan actually is structually sound and thick, does not flex around and flap like a birds wing. This was my experience with the EMP full. Not thick enough, vibrates and flexes all over the place. The kolpin two piece not only tilts, but in about 40 seconds, you can completely remove the upper half and and stash it until you need it again. It is true, any full windshield will cause dirt and such to curtail back wards into the rear cab area a little, but this can be minimized with a rear BRP new shield or rear windshield. Hope this helps. Let me know if you want to see pictures of the Kolpin I just installed last night. I do not find that the area where the upper and lower windshield meets is distracting, just as long as the windshield is kept somewhat clean! :-0

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
400 Posts
Cinergy can u post some pics please .

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
that looks interesting.....is the overlapping section in your field of view when driving?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts