Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've been running them since around may. They do sound good and there not real loud. There is no power increase. If you just want it to sound better but not extremely loud them I recommend them.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I've been running them since around may. They do sound good and there not real loud. There is no power increase. If you just want it to sound better but not extremely loud them I recommend them.
Thanks for the info Chris. Yeah, I figured there would be little to no power increase. But as long as there is NO power decrease with the pipes.... What about better throttle response or top end as some others have mentioned?
I have a Two Bros/Power Commander set-up on my Honda VFR 800 and I'm very happy with the sound & performance. I'll check out the Power Commander V for the Mav and see if it's worth adding.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I haven't noticed any better throttle response, increase or decrease in power.I don't run any type of fuel controller. when I ordered the exhaust my dealer called two bothers and asked them if it was needed. They told my dealer ( with me standing there ) that they have seen no need for one but they would be glad to sell me their fuel controller if I wanted one. I think if you want any better throttle response and power the cats will need to be removed which at that point a fuel controller would be needed.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I found the Two Bros pipes for $500, so I'll give them a try. The fuel controller can wait...especially at a price of $400! I'd rather put the money into a new clutch set-up.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I got the Two Bros pipes installed on Thursday and tried them out this weekend at the desert. They do have a nice growl to them, but are not overly loud. I experimented with taking the spark arrestors out to see how it sounds/runs. Minimal difference, I'll keep them in. I did notice that I hit 8000rpm more consistently.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Any chance for a sound clip?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well it sounds nicer than anything I have heard so far. All the other kits would wake the dead and would suck to listen to on a 100 mile drive. As for performance honestly guy its not that more horse power isnt good but sometimes looks and sound out weigh it. I wouldn't listen to most of the slip-ons for a 5 hp increase. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Well it sounds nicer than anything I have heard so far. All the other kits would wake the dead and would suck to listen to on a 100 mile drive. As for performance honestly guy its not that more horse power isnt good but sometimes looks and sound out weigh it. I wouldn't listen to most of the slip-ons for a 5 hp increase. Just my 2 cents...
Thanks. For the price, it was hard to pass up. I agree, some of the other pipes sound good at engine idle, but way too loud for extended driving.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Installed mine yesterday, no controller. Sound is awesome, took it for a quick spin down the county road, I am clutched for 8000 feet so running it at 7000 I had no trouble hitting 8000...had a xp guy with me, we were all smiles. Actually running a decent ride today will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Worked great....may not have any more power but the sound has me tapping the throttle all the time....brings me back to my sled days. Wish I could have followed me to hear it...the xp guys said it sounds damn good��

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm going to be ordering the two bros or the muzzy slip ons this week, how's the quality and install, I was concerned about the angle of the exhaust do u get any fumes while driving? Thanks for any info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I can't comment on the Muzzy, as I have not seen them. But the Two Bros are good quality. I also have Two Bros on my street bike and have been happy with their products. The install was fairly easy...except getting the stock pipes off is pain! Pipe angle is same as stock. No fume issues. Hope this helps....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes, very good quality and no fumes. The stock pipes were a pain to get off (took a 2 pound massager) but the two bro went on very easy. I called a buddy when FedEx delivered them that lives 2 miles away, I went to the garage to install, he showed up ten minutes later and I was pulling it out of the garage done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone else with the TBR pipes getting a lot of exhaust pop on deceleration almost back to stop? Mine are driving me nuts in that regard. Other than that I love how they sound!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts