·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id imagine the setup to have will be the one that eliminates the cat box and has a good tune from a controller. With the o2 setup I think it will be easier to tune and get more power out of.

·
Registered
853 Posts
In my opinion I believe adding an aftermarket exhaust is a complete waste of money at this time. Until your ready to add a bored Throttle Body, an high flow air box and programmable fuel controller save your cash. Adding just fuel controller and exhaust will get you nothing and more then likely you will lose power.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
In my opinion I believe adding an aftermarket exhaust is a complete waste of money at this time. Until your ready to add a bored Throttle Body, an high flow air box and programmable fuel controller save your cash. Adding just fuel controller and exhaust will get you nothing and more then likely you will lose power.
Well everything goes well by the end of the week I will know if you are right. Glamisfan and I will test my commander with a PC5, air intake, and 60 mm TB on sat. If everyone gets all of their products completed during the week we will video this test. I'm not changing my stock exhaust but I will have a header that removes the Cat built. At least Jason at Weller has his intake ready.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
846 Posts
is it the same as the commander? any modifications to make it fit? I would rather use a AFE paper filter but thats easy to swap out.
Unfortuantely no the commander and the Mav are different and the intake is custom. He will have some made shortly. Mike at Weller will be out at Glamis with us on MLK weekend so all of you Mav/Commander guys can talk to him directly about all of the mods that they will offer for the Mav and Commander shortly. He is a funny guy who knows his products. Beside he has a SVT Rhino that he wants to race against our Mavs...lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's my plan also. Better intake, bigger TB & exhaust all at the same time. Should be all that is needed for maximum bolt-on performance.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have one. I think it sounds great, deeper than stock and only a little louder at idle cruise, when you stand on it, it wakes up and sounds awesome, a good bit louder than stock and a very mean tone to it. I tired the quite core tips and they made a big difference noticeably quieter than stock

Any one have the two bros yet? Wanting to know how it sounds in person

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any way u can get a sound clip of it on here? Im torn between the ron woods r tb's i think id rather have what u got. Im wanting the deeper tone exhaust. Thanks for the reply so fast too

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I ordered a new muzzy because I love there deep sound. I saved $225 off retail and I got the digi-tune with it. Here in Ca we have to wear a helmet so it won't be too loud.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered a new muzzy because I love there deep sound. I saved $225 off retail and I got the digi-tune with it. Here in Ca we have to wear a helmet so it won't be too loud.
I wish i could here sum in person i think im the only one in the county with a maverick. Tires and exhaust hardest choices ever

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I wish i could here sum in person i think im the only one in the county with a maverick. Tires and exhaust hardest choices ever
I had 3 different sets of pipes on my built Teryx so I know what the muzzy sounds like. It does help to hear them first because they all produce a different sound. My buddy runs a DMC on his 800 rotax and it sounds unbelievable. I think all dual systems give a small amount of performance gains. I just love the sound of the muzzy, which I think the can shape has a lot to do with the sound.
VForce John at interstate has the best prices right now on the muzzy set up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the replys. I had hot seat performance on my 850 popo and i loved that sound alot just kinda lookin for sumthin similar in sound

·
Registered
461 Posts
I rode with chrisbw a few weeks ago and I believe he said he has the two bros slip ons. It does give it a nasty growl and the sound is slightly louder than stock. It sounded like it is just the right volume that it wouldn't get old after riding for a while. Maybe he can chime in.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts