Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the TwinAir dual stage foam air filter that Can Am sells in their catalog p/n:715001956. Looking for a good replacement for the stock paper filter…..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I do believe I read somewhere there was a sealing problem. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the bump st222….. I need to find a filter that will seal better than the stock filter! As you can tell from my Avatar, it gets extremely dusty were I ride and the stock filter doesn't do very well with the small particulates. Either that or it just doesn't seal. The post filter is a life saver as it has caught quite a bit of the stuff that has gotten by the filter. Has anyone installed the pre-filter? I heard it is extremely restrictive???

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have installed the prefilter but can not comment on any restrictive behavior. It's very easy to install. Unbolt 2 screw to remove the glovebox and the air intake opening is right there. The prefilter is a mesh screen so it doesn't seem restrictive. One thing is for certain, don't install any accessories in this area or you may restrict the air path. There is not a lot of open area in this region.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have installed the prefilter but can not comment on any restrictive behavior. It's very easy to install. Unbolt 2 screw to remove the glovebox and the air intake opening is right there. The prefilter is a mesh screen so it doesn't seem restrictive. One thing is for certain, don't install any accessories in this area or you may restrict the air path. There is not a lot of open area in this region.
Thanks for the info….I think I may install one as well. I assume it is the same screen/mesh material as the CVT pre-filter?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanna try the twin air, if it breaths better then that means more power:)
That's what I was thinking along with better filtration for the smaller particulates….

·
Registered
400 Posts
use twin air with pre-filter on outty and wash pre-filter every two or three rides, filter almost always stays clean, bike runs fine, especially with new muzzy/digituner

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
use twin air with pre-filter on outty and wash pre-filter every two or three rides, filter almost always stays clean, bike runs fine, especially with new muzzy/digituner
So the pre-filter you use is the one BRP sells or is there a different pre-filter for the twin-Air that you are referring too?

·
Registered
400 Posts
not sure what filter mavericks use, but I got the filter and pre-filter directly from twinair, I am assuming it has one for mavs, don't think brp sell twinairs, I know it doesn't for my bike in 2011, I've seen posts here, commander board and aurora, k&n has one for mavs

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure what filter mavericks use, but I got the filter and pre-filter directly from twinair, I am assuming it has one for mavs, don't think brp sell twinairs, I know it doesn't for my bike in 2011, I've seen posts here, commander board and aurora, k&n has one for mavs
Yep, Twinair filter and pre-filter are in the BRP accessories catalog.

·
Registered
400 Posts
for mavs? great if they do, never seen mav air filter and don't what it looks like, doubt if like xc outty/renny

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for mavs? great if they do, never seen mav air filter and don't what it looks like, doubt if like xc outty/renny
Yep, right out of the accessories catalog….

TwinAir.jpg

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
What about the sealing of it? was there a problem or not? like i posted above, thought it had a seal problem. I used twinair with the prefilter in my quads and never had a problem though.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't have one yet so I couldn't tell you how well it seals. I started the thread to ask if anyone had one yet and if so, how do they like it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Just saw these filters listed in Rocky Mnt ATV for around $80 but the picture looks different like it uses a different type of cage as shown above. Anybody get one from Rocky and run it yet? Definitely interested in using a oil foam filter instead of factory paper crap.

Twin Air - Air Filter Kit
Fits: 2013 CAN-AM Maverick Max 1000 X rs
Part# 1356890005

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Is it so that a tuner is needed if you run the twinAir filter? Ran one in my outlander with Brp thin cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts