Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Turnkey UTV sport doors for my maverick on November 3rd. My first call was Wed, Nov 13. He said the welders were almost done and the doors should ship out the following Monday. I called back Wed, Nov 20th and he says the doors have been powder coated and are in the final stages and will ship out the following Monday. I call today and he tells me they don't have the door latches and the company they order them from are sold out but they will be restocked this week and my doors will ship out next Monday!! It is going to take them over a month to get my doors to me!! If I would have known this I would have ordered blingstar or pro armor.. Has anyone else been put on the backburner by Turnkey?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
First let me say welcome to the forum......second, it sounds like they have been very responsive and taken your calls each time that you called. You need to remember that they are a custom shop and don't always have 50 sets sitting on a shelf. Yes, they could have been more accurate on the estimated delivery date but things happen. Many companies wouldn't even bother to take your call or call you back.

I guess what I am getting at is don't just use the forum as a place to bash on a vendor unless there is a valid issue like you have called them 5 times and they won't return your call or you received the wrong part and they refuse to allow you to return it....

·
Registered
502 Posts
You obviously liked there doors better than the pro armor/blingstar so it will be worth the wait when u get them. Heavy is right they are not a Huge cooperation that has an over abundance of stuff sitting in the warehouse. What they are though is a solid supplier of higher quality parts for these SxS and a solid company to order from. Just because it's not in your time frame doesnt mean u should bash them in an open forum. Welcome to the forum, read through some threads n you will see what I'm saying.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I ordered mine knowing it would take a while. but i think the quality is worth it. I'm hoping mine get here in the next week or so. Ordered the roof at the same time, it shipped a couple days ago i was told. btw team fas gave me a great price on them . there november sale is awsome, just got to stop buying stuff or buy the wife and kids stuff for my maverick for christmas. lol

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It will be worth the wait. I waited for mine it took awhile but I love mine they look so good to. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
338 Posts
I tried to order tie-rods and front gusset from turnkey it took them almost 2 weeks to get back to me thru pms.so I just went elsewhere.welcome to the forum you could learn allot here..I know I have

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Worth the wait or not, never buy anything not in stock and ready to ship. From what I've found from *some* of the vendors here, I've found that there are lots of empty promises on custom parts. I bought a roof from Devious that was produced by one of those guys. I knew going into it that the roof wasn't ready to ship. That means, I had to wait and had no control over it. The roof showed up later than promised, but to me it was okay because i knew that going in to it.

If you can't wait, don't buy unless it's in stock.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
if u would have searched there are a few post like this they take along time sometimes , and then sometimes the have it in stock cuz u called at the right time but it seems 95% of the time there making what u want LOL

just wait for them the quality is badass and worth it I waited a month for my inner front fenders but got my front tie rods in 3 days ! but that was 10 months ago I got the tie rods lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only reason I am bashing is because I read on someone else's posts that they didn't want to wait the 6 weeks for the turnkey utv doors to come in so thye ordered blingstar. Then someone from turnkey chimed in and said there doors are no longer 6 weeks out, they are only a week.

·
Registered
459 Posts
They seem to make good products, but yes the shipping is expensive and slow.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Backorders can vary significantly day to day even hour to hour. We build a craftsman style product meaning we take great pride in every product that leaves our door. All our products including our doors are hand built. We build 100% of our product under our roof, we dont outsource at all. We are not waiting on a ship from China with 500 sets of doors. We build our doors in smaller batches to ensure they are the highest quality. We are not the cheapest or the fastest but we do have some of the most innovative and highest quality product on the market.

I will look into your order and see what I can do for you.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sending us a PM is not always the best way to reach us. We are not on the forum every day and sometimes when we are its not for very long. If you need to reach us give us a call.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I can vouch for that, I pm an it was 3 days as they were not online here, I called and got to them immediately with no issues. call is best. quality is worth the wait, I know I waited for max roof... refused to buy anywhere else as I wanted the best.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Welcome Brian, have patience my man, Turnkey's stuff is over the top. I waited 3 months on some powder coat issues they had but you know what? Adam sent them and then turned around and sent a FREE front chassis brace for my trouble. THEN he turned around and sent me FREE skins in the correct yellow about a week later to show you how much he cares about his clients. You'll have a hard time bashing him on here as long as I'm around.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I ordered the Turnkey UTV sport doors for my maverick on November 3rd. My first call was Wed, Nov 13. He said the welders were almost done and the doors should ship out the following Monday. I called back Wed, Nov 20th and he says the doors have been powder coated and are in the final stages and will ship out the following Monday. I call today and he tells me they don't have the door latches and the company they order them from are sold out but they will be restocked this week and my doors will ship out next Monday!! It is going to take them over a month to get my doors to me!! If I would have known this I would have ordered blingstar or pro armor.. Has anyone else been put on the backburner by Turnkey?
If it makes you feel any better I have been waiting on my blingstar doors for about 3 weeks, on the other hand the chassis brace and tie rods I ordered from turnkey the exact same day got to me 4 days later. Go figure. Sometimes things happen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok.. I'm sorry Turnkey, the main reason I am mad is because I read on another forum that the doors were a week out. And the other reason is I have called every Wednesday the past three weeks and everytime I talk to the same guy, he always says the doors will be shipping out the following Monday. If he would have just bee straight up with me the first time I called and told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks I would have been more understanding. I am not downing your work or customer service, but when I ask when my doors or any other product are going to ship be straight up with me.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The internet has caused this problem where people just can tear a business apart for something that could be fixed by just calling and cancealing the order and move on. I would say if you never have been in business for yourself dealing with the public you have know idea how hard it can be at times. For every 100 customers that have a good experience you might read about 10 of those, but for every 100 who has had a bad experience you will read about 70 of those. The internet sucks at times.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ok.. I'm sorry Turnkey, the main reason I am mad is because I read on another forum that the doors were a week out. And the other reason is I have called every Wednesday the past three weeks and everytime I talk to the same guy, he always says the doors will be shipping out the following Monday. If he would have just bee straight up with me the first time I called and told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks I would have been more understanding. I am not downing your work or customer service, but when I ask when my doors or any other product are going to ship be straight up with me.
Exactly the reason to pick up a phone and CALL. I have the same type of customers - they send facebook messages, I tell them to call, then they still send messages.... It's frustrating for both parties, but nothing beats a good old fashioned phone call.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It looks like that is exactly what he did.HE JUST SAID HE CALLED EVERY WEEK I sympathize with Brian to a point as I would probably start getting a little frustrated hearing several excuses.Being a Business owner myself in the off road industry customer service will either make or break. under promise and over deliver not the other way around.the days of you will get it when you get it are gone. I'm sure their products are some of the best IF NOT THE BEST and is probably why it takes so long to get. I too will be ordering from Turnkey as I have heard few are better if any.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts