Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my install!! It took 2 days as had to remove skids,rock bars as well. The passanger side went on pretty good without fuss but the upper mount is to short, it doesnt quit match up but the top plate cinched down to keep it tight. The driver door mounted up better but hit the rear plastics. I had to trim the door back as much as i could and then some plastic so the door would open and close without obstruction. I measured the doors and they were exactly same size? Bottom line its a big project to install and will require some modification as others have stated here. I like the way they look and the little extra width. I hope they dont wear to much and continue to work the way they are at this time. Hopefully they wont start to sag or nothing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Turnkeys doors are solid as a rock. Yes I had to slightly persuade mine to fit right but they look good now that im done. Glad I didnt get taller doors.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Yeah, I don't think it matters what doors you get...your gunna have to massage them a bit to get a good fit. I have the TurnKey doors as well. The right door went on without too much of a problem. The left door on the other hand...took way more work to get a good fit.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Atleast they dont rattle.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still like them the most but they need to get a system to be able to adjust at the hinges to make up for the differences on the machine. Like i say both doors same length are in same spot at front where hinges mount but the drivers door needed trimmed back at the rear and i still needed to trim back plastic which i really didnt want to do. The passenger side had no probs.
yes they dont rattle and do look awsome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I installed these doors on my Mav and did the drivers side first. It went on almost too easy and I just had to do a minor adjustment to the latch to get it to close easy and tight. Then I went to install the passenger side feeling really good about these doors......wow! That was not fun. Nothing seemed to line up correctly and it took quite a while. I still need to either trim the door or the plastics and I had to work hard to get it to latch. Luckily noone has been riding with me since I put them on so I haven't had to worry about the passenger side. I do love the doors. They are solid and don't rattle one bit. Not to mention they look great. Very happy with that purchase.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I didn'thave any trouble on the hinge side, just getting the striker plates to line up with the latches was kind of a pain. The doors are solid, don't rattle, and look great. The latches look good and work even better. I'm very satisfied with my purchase, but a little adjustment built into the door/latches sure would have helped the install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts