Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any one else has these doors or experienced the latches becoming loose due to the thin metal bracket bending so you can get them tight if you tried? I have a fix for about 1$ if you need help let me know!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If you search the forum, you will notice that the latch has been a problem for some.

Please post your fix. I would be curious to see how you fixed the issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own a glass company in Minnesota and use structural shims for aluminum frames etc. if you notice the u shaped fitting on the back of the latch is meant to bend and hold the latch in place. If you apply 1/16" shims with hot glue or epoxy (to hold shims during install) place them on the open ends of the "U" where they contact the door you can tighten them enough not to rattle and the plastic shim keeps it in place. If people are interested I can take pictures to help you out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I own a glass company in Minnesota and use structural shims for aluminum frames etc. if you notice the u shaped fitting on the back of the latch is meant to bend and hold the latch in place. If you apply 1/16" shims with hot glue or epoxy (to hold shims during install) place them on the open ends of the "U" where they contact the door you can tighten them enough not to rattle and the plastic shim keeps it in place. If people are interested I can take pictures to help you out.
Im not experiencing any problems with mine but would like to see how you fixed it in the event mine do have issues down the road...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I just made new brackets from stock steel i measured the old ones and bent new ones from thicker steel drilled a hole in the center and it works flawless now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts