Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I love that intake but honestly Turnkey has priced this item way too high.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yea I think it's over priced as well especially since hp info is still pending according to Turnkey. It does appear to breathe easier than stock but it also can allow for more rain, dirt and snow ingestion.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I ride the dunes also and love a good intake but for that price I may have to make my own.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
can you confirm if there is a drain in the bottom or the airbox. I see the crankcase breather in the bottom and wonder if water got in there if it would get into the engine….

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't think water will get into the engine. The air box scoop faces towards the rear so it doesn't get ram air. Then the filter faces opposite the scoop opening. If you use a pre filter it will help stop any moisture that may get that far. I wouldn't worry about that.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I understand that but what if you wash it and somehow get water into the airbox. It will go to the bottom of the box where the crankcase breather is and could get into the engine. That is why i was inquiring if it had a drain in the bottom.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so nobody can confirm if these are built with a drain plug in the bottom?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u can install a jet ski drain plug for 99 cents ! and take u 30 seconds to drill it !

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
u can install a jet ski drain plug for 99 cents ! and take u 30 seconds to drill it !
I hear ya but shouldn't a $400 air box all ready have this designed into it? These boxes aren't waterproof and aren't designed to run snorkels, so there is a fairly good chance that you could get water in it at some point in time….

·
Registered
26 Posts
They have a drain hole in the bottom with a rubber insert that's supposed to act like a non-return valve.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
They have a drain hole in the bottom with a rubber insert that's supposed to act like a non-return valve.
Thanks for confirming….glad someone could tell me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I hear ya but shouldn't a $400 air box all ready have this designed into it? These boxes aren't waterproof and aren't designed to run snorkels, so there is a fairly good chance that you could get water in it at some point in time….
Yes if your running snorkels then this intake is a bad idea. I would stay with the sealed box.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This intake will add maximum air flow and add horespower by letting your maverick breath..pm for pricing
Is there any data or dyno numbers to support the claim of increased HP?
If not, I would be happy to use my Mav as test vehicle. I could get it dyno'd before and after the intake. I also already have a muzzy so we should be able to get a good test.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Do you have one of these installed? If so, did you notice any change in throttle response or performance?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.