Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to vent for a second, i ordered a roof from turnkey took about a month to get,called and emailed no reply several time,swore i would never order anything else from them,gave them a second chance ordered a hitch waited more than a month called and called emailed and emailed got a different story each time,final got my hitch and the dag-um thing is white when i ordered yellow and stated in every email yellow yellow yellow.i asked for my money back and probably wont get it back either.if i was any one on here do not order crap from them.i don't care if i have to pay twice the amount turnkey will not get my business period

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think we have all had our ups and downs from them. Some good, some bad. I for one have had great service, which, as you can tell is why I have so many of their parts. There are a bunch of threads like this floating around the forum in regards to their service. Part of the reason I think is because they are a fab shop, they build when they get demand, and dont keep much reserve. They're products are top notch, so be patient, and I am sure they will sort it out, and give you a discount.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good products or not without customer service they won't stay in business,they don't offer explanation or even try to make it up,super Atv and adrenaline cycle have messed up some of my orders and they went above and beyond trying to make me happy,they both overnighted my my new parts and sent shirts coozies stickers and told me to keep the product they had sent me,turnkey on the other hand like today didn't offer nothing and wanted me to pay to ship the hitch back and wait another month to recive the right yellow one

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought 1 item from turnkey. And unfortunately had horrible service. Will never buy anything direct from them again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think we all forget that the Internet and these website give the impression that many of these companies are bigger than they are and that they have all of this stuff, for every vehicle, in every color is just sitting on a rack waiting for us to call and order. We are so used to our Amazon orders show up in 2 days and the other items that are really just being drop shipped that come quick...tires, wheels, winches, and other NON fabricated parts.....but most of these guys are building this stuff to order and in a best case they build a few in a small batch...But to compound it with all the products and configurations and colors and options....hell I am with ya you can Special Order a brand new truck from Ford and get it in less time than it takes to get a Roof.

We have to recognize it's not a major auto maker we are ordering from its more like odering a Snoogie for 29.99 on TV and it has to be made after the order is placed.

If we think like that and realize they are small shops and doing many things and If I had to bet many of these guys are skilled fabricators and not likely the best salesman or businessmen...

So while we can admire the fabrication and welds and the product....have to sort of cut them some slack....I know promises are promises and I agree but we are all a bit spoiled by Amazon. A multi Billion dollar company that's sole reason for existence is distribution.

I agree but we all need to just try and understand That there is No Malice or Intent....it just is what it is.

On top of all that we are also further spoiled having forums to research, shop, get best price and also nit pick and complain about everything....take yourself back 10 years....you picked up the telephone dialed a number and waited for shit to show up. These guys are sort of 10 yrs ago in that respect. There are many doing their damndest.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I think we all forget that the Internet and these website give the impression that many of these companies are bigger than they are and that they have all of this stuff, for every vehicle, in every color is just sitting on a rack waiting for us to call and order. We are so used to our Amazon orders show up in 2 days and the other items that are really just being drop shipped that come quick...tires, wheels, winches, and other NON fabricated parts.....but most of these guys are building this stuff to order and in a best case they build a few in a small batch...But to compound it with all the products and configurations and colors and options....hell I am with ya you can Special Order a brand new truck from Ford and get it in less time than it takes to get a Roof.

We have to recognize it's not a major auto maker we are ordering from its more like odering a Snoogie for 29.99 on TV and it has to be made after the order is placed.

If we think like that and realize they are small shops and doing many things and If I had to bet many of these guys are skilled fabricators and not likely the best salesman or businessmen...

So while we can admire the fabrication and welds and the product....have to sort of cut them some slack....I know promises are promises and I agree but we are all a bit spoiled by Amazon. A multi Billion dollar company that's sole reason for existence is distribution.

I agree but we all need to just try and understand That there is No Malice or Intent....it just is what it is.

On top of all that we are also further spoiled having forums to research, shop, get best price and also nit pick and complain about everything....take yourself back 10 years....you picked up the telephone dialed a number and waited for shit to show up. These guys are sort of 10 yrs ago in that respect. There are many doing their damndest.

Well said,or you could have said- young people these days have no patience.

·
Registered
153 Posts
One of the very first things I ordered was from Turnkey. It was my rear bumper and was gave a 4 to 6 week delivery date when I ordered due to that exact reason above. They are built to order then sent out to powder coat. An unexpected trip came up so I called Turnkey (don't remember who I spoke to) and asked if there was anyway they could expedite my order due to this trip that I'd really like to have my bumper for. He said he would check on it and get back with me. He did just that that same afternoon. Said that they would start on mine first thing in the morning. I ended up receiving that bumper within two weeks of my order date. I've only ordered that one piece from them but was very happy with the experience and the product. I would definitely order from them again.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts

i disagree completely. There is not one other "fabricator" on this site (and there are many) that has received a fraction of the bad press turnkey has or has horribly long shipping times like they do. I can understand something like a cage being built to order but bumpers, roofs, tie rods etcetera should have multiples made and sitting on a shelf. I ordered a roof from EMP and it shipped next day. I later ordered a roof from UTV and it shipped next day. I ordered tie rods and a gusset kit from ct and it shipped same day. Get my point??? Turnkey even started a thread on here saying that they know they've been sucking it up.

You want something built to order go get a burger from Wendy's. You want a part for your Mav in a timely fashion go somewhere other than Turnkey.

·
Registered
527 Posts

One other thing to remember is, There is a lot of competition in this aftermarket business.. Look how many different bumpers, rock sliders, roofs, etc are out there. That's fine if they're small, They need your business! If you make a great product, but it just takes bit longer to get it out and shipped, well you make up for it in customer service!! That part of it is cheap and easy. I can remember when SuperATV was just started, That was back in my muddin days, I think around 2002-03, I talked with them on a Popo sportsman I was lifting. I could not believe the custom service he gave me. answered my questions plus some. Now look at them, they've made pretty good name for themselves!! Just remember a bad word/name spreads like wild fire! especially on the web these days!

·
Registered
262 Posts
i disagree completely. There is not one other "fabricator" on this site (and there are many) that has received a fraction of the bad press turnkey has or has horribly long shipping times like they do. I can understand something like a cage being built to order but bumpers, roofs, tie rods etcetera should have multiples made and sitting on a shelf. I ordered a roof from EMP and it shipped next day. I later ordered a roof from UTV and it shipped next day. I ordered tie rods and a gusset kit from ct and it shipped same day. Get my point??? Turnkey even started a thread on here saying that they know they've been sucking it up.

You want something built to order go get a burger from Wendy's. You want a part for your Mav in a timely fashion go somewhere other than Turnkey.

I couldn't agree with you more.
1. No where does it state on Turnkeys site that parts are built to order.
2. If a part is available for purchase on their website and they take your money immediately, to me that means it is also in stock and ready to ship.
3. If their products are so "top notch" why don't they keep a large stock?

My experience with them was horrible. The excuses after excuse I got when I called still had a bad taste in my mouth. Customer service is a major part of business in today's technological age. A bad rap can quickly escalate and at that point it won't matter how "great" their products are. I'm really surprised to see people still ordering from them off here.

2014 White/Red XRS-DPS

No mods, nope, not one. I swear!

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's where u are mistaken....Wendy's has way more invested in getting your $8 value meal correct than some little shop in po dunk u. They will get you your stuff when it works out.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
That's where u are mistaken....Wendy's has way more invested in getting your $8 value meal correct than some little shop in po dunk u. They will get you your stuff when it works out.
What sense does this make? So because theyre "some little shop in po dunk u" (Carson City by the way is hardly po dunk u whatever the hell that means) they can just get it out when ever they feel like it??? Your way of thinking is a mistake IMO. You keep ordering your stuff from them and waiting on it for months and I'll keep ordering my stuff from the other well respected "fabricators" on here and getting my stuff in a couple of days. There now we're both happy :big smile:

·
Registered
806 Posts
There is a difference in ordering a part and the company saying "We're behind and/or build to order, it will be there in a week or month." vs "It just shipped today" and other bullshit that they blow up your ass and then it doesn't show up for a month. More less them sending you the wrong part or color and them wanting you to pay to ship back their screw up. Being a small company has nothing to do with customer service. That excuse is bullshit.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
What a joke!!! I've been waiting on doors for over two months now. It's comical when I call custermer service because it's been long enough now that they can't keep their lies straight anymore.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't give me the young kid talk im a three time combat vet of both conflicts and a wounded warrior and been in the army 16 years I know about hurry up and wait,the point being made is customer service,and turnkey has none,they won't and don't care soon as the take your money your held hostage to them,you can call email send a fax or send a dove 90% of the time you won't get in touch with anyone or you'll get a different story each time you talk to them,or they will just send you the wrong color crap and you'll have to wait 2 months for a replacement

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
If only this was a sticky on here about the company's history. Supporting vendor though. So many negative post about this one would think people would be aware by now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Don't give me the young kid talk im a three time combat vet of both conflicts and a wounded warrior and been in the army 16 years I know about hurry up and wait,the point being made is customer service,and turnkey has none,they won't and don't care soon as the take your money your held hostage to them,you can call email send a fax or send a dove 90% of the time you won't get in touch with anyone or you'll get a different story each time you talk to them,or they will just send you the wrong color crap and you'll have to wait 2 months for a replacement
Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sooo, dont buy turnkey products..... check.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had bad and good experiences with them on a harness bar. I ordered a harness bar from them and it took well over a month to get it and it was for a MAX the mistake was on my end. I called and got ahold of a human the first time. He said he would send me the correct one out and to mail the max bar back. The replacement showed up in a week from the call and I know the one I mailed back wasn't there yet. The replacement fits nice and the finish and hardware are good. I was pissed about the first one taking so long and impressed with customer service on the return / replacement bar.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts