Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the front gusset plate from turnkey installed on their maverick. Just went to put mine on and the holes dont line up. WTF? I really dont want to ream out a hole in something that is suppossed to be for support.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Anyone have the front gusset plate from turnkey installed on their maverick. Just went to put mine on and the holes dont line up. WTF? I really dont want to ream out a hole in something that is suppossed to be for support.
I have the turnkey front gusset support, it went on with very little persuasion....Did not have any trouble with it...I wonder what the heck is with yours?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know. Got the top bolts in and the bottom holes are about a 1/4 hole off.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I agree, that is hard to pull, maybe their CNC machine goofed?
You don't think your machine has flexed and moved around that much do you?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a chance. Both bottom sides are the same amount off. pisses me off.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bout to ream the damn thing. I aint got 2 weeks to wait for another one.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good idea. I'll try.

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
we as consumer need to give the vendor a try at fixing what they effed up before flaming them on the internet. I know i tend to fly off the handle some times but we need to think before we bad mouth someone. At least thats the right way, but i rarely do things the right way, just ask my wife.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
we as consumer need to give the vendor a try at fixing what they effed up before flaming them on the internet. I know i tend to fly off the handle some times but we need to think before we bad mouth someone. At least thats the right way, but i rarely do things the right way, just ask my wife.
I agree Mega.....Always give the vendor or person a chance to right whats wrong....I know that yes...alot of peoples first instinct is to rage out and get mad..but nice when you can give a chance to let them fix it....its when there is no reply or effort to right what is wrong. Then it is flame on...LOL Let us know the outcome..

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think I acted harshly. I called Cook at turnkey and he talked to Adam. Cook asked me how they could make it right and I said that they could send me a new one. Cook agreed and said that he would tell Adam my decision. As far as I know, a new one is on the way. As long as that happens I will be happy.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I don't think I acted harshly. I called Cook at turnkey and he talked to Adam. Cook asked me how they could make it right and I said that they could send me a new one. Cook agreed and said that he would tell Adam my decision. As far as I know, a new one is on the way. As long as that happens I will be happy.
I didn't think you reacted harshly...It is ok to vent...It was a generalized statement...As we have seen it happen....In the forums.. Glad they are making it happen.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Adam at turnkey is a good man. He will make it right. Crap happens but he trys his best. He did right by me.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
my utvinc took a lil luv to fit ! off just a hair but a hammer help the bolt in, lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I was making Rhino Gussets there was some variance from one machine to the next, but I would expect that Can Am is better than that?? Is this problem showing up in other areas of the Mav?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts