Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the sport doors weigh?

Also how solid are they such as rattling, latching tightly, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got a set and they don't rattle at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea how heavy they were?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nope. Call Turnkey and ask Cook. Since they ship them out daily, he should know off the top of his head what the box weighs.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
twenty something pounds each I think I heard

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Nope. Call Turnkey and ask Cook. Since they ship them out daily, he should know off the top of his head what the box weighs.
The box and all weighed 51lbs. So I would guess 45lbs for the set.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you find that your knee or elbow slams or rides against them in any way? I noticed my knee was against the net the other day. A door would hurt but I could add a pad deal I guess.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I've had mine for over a year now. Quality is top notch. No rattles, and still latch solid. I never weighed them, but I would guess what Heavysleds said, around 20 lbs each. My knee hits once in a while, but I think that would happen with most any door you put on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My unit came from the dealership with the sport doors. I love them. Door came open on me somehow and tweaked it on a tree. spent Quite a bit of time trying to get them back to good. Have to really pull hard on it now so it latches and it has popped open a few times on me. Going to add a UTV Door strap. If weight is an issue im sure you could replace the steel plating with lightweight aluminum. I give the doors a solid 9-10

·
Registered
202 Posts
Adjust the latches with pliers and they will stay latched.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am 6' 2" and my knee does hit the top bar when getting really crazy. My son is 6' 0" and his is below the top bar........My arm doesn't hit it at all and it is a good height to use as an arm rest when just cruising around....

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's def a great armrest height. Love mine.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
The doors don't make it hard to get in and out of as long as the handles work properly. I just received a replacement passenger handle for which I had to pay for the shipping and it works much better. The original one was defective and hard as hell to operate and would stick. To me, the "brace" on the inside of the door that holds it tight inside the door is flimsier than it should be and doesn't stay true so then the handle gets loose. Now my driver door handle is having issues where it simply won't stay tight and it isn't the nut, it's the brace that's holding it in there. All that being said, I like the doors a lot. I'm just disappointed in the handle situations I'm having and the fact that I have to pay shipping for a replacement handle after spending 600ish on the doors. As for them staying open like a car door, they are not on a spring loaded hinge like a car door. It is simply a pivot hinge which I think is all you need for a UTV.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Did you talk to Adam about your door handle issue? I would think you shouldn't have paid for shipping either if it's a manufacturer defect.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I talked to Cook and Adam was sitting there. Adam told him to charge me $5 shipping and they wouldn't mind sending me a replacement. I was a bit put out by that myself. To me, the $5 wasn't the issue, it was more the principle.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I agree. I would be disappointed too. The interesting part is that Adam posted a very recent thread on this forum talking about Improving customer service but maybe covering warranty stuff wasn't part of that thread. Can't quit remember all the details of that thread but do a search for turnkey and you should find it.

I would still pay the $5 though if it meant getting a better handle that works right.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts