Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my turnkey doors last summer and love them except for when I wanted to get out! I always seemed lost on where the outside handle is. I have to feel around too much so I decided to install interior handles. I bounced around different ideas but wanted something that was simple, tough,reflected the quality of turnkey and had a factory BRP look. Here is what I came up with image.jpg

Started with two decompression levers from a local bike shop image.jpg
Found some old throttle cables, sheath from an old hood pull and heat shrinked them
Drilled a hole directly in line with the outside handle's stryker, through the door skin and through the latch image.jpg
Next I drilled and countersunk the stryker for a #2 x1/4 screw so I would have a place to anchor the cable and not interfere with the outside workings image.jpg
Used a small ring eye and connected the cable. Presto! Now it's an easy one thumb exit

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
very nicely done....I am thinking about getting these doors and might hit you up with some questions if you don't mind...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya I like this. Whenever this polar vortex crap gets out of here I'm going to do that to mine also. Will be asking a few questions also. Nice job!

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Friggin' cold everywhere! Just hit me up, I'll walk you through it. I even saved part numbers of the levers. Total cost of this was $33

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Cool sounds good.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Friggin' cold everywhere! Just hit me up, I'll walk you through it. I even saved part numbers of the levers. Total cost of this was $33
Just a thought but have you considered talking to Adam at TurnKey about this. They might be interested in selling a setup like this as an option for their doors. He might work out a deal with you for the R&D work you did on it if they decide to sell it as an option. I like doing stuff like this myself but there are others that would rather just buy it already on the doors......just a thought.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a thought but have you considered talking to Adam at TurnKey about this. They might be interested in selling a setup like this as an option for their doors. He might work out a deal with you for the R&D work you did on it if they decide to sell it as an option. I like doing stuff like this myself but there are others that would rather just buy it already on the doors......just a thought.
Yes the thought crossed my mind but I can let this one go. If they want the idea they can run with it. It was more about me needing a solution to a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts