Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my over view of the doors are as follows.

Install is a breeze for the most part.
Driver Side fits MUCH better than passanger side.. This all could be the machine tho. I measure both there doors and they seem the same.. BUT? do these machines have a slightly bigger opening on the passanger side? I would need another machine to measure to be sure. I have to oblong the passanger sides latch bolt holes to get the latch to be anywhere close. Maybe this is due to it being a 2014 not sure.. Here are some installed pics.. Door adjustment would be very nice to correct this!
I still believe they have the BEST looking doors on the market hands down.. Not even a close comparison.Just wish both sides fit the same and shipping times on there doors didn't take so long It was either 3 or 4 weeks to get them! Worth the wait ya I think so.. But would be nice if there was no wait on them!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I had the same fittment issues on my Commander. The passenger side has a 1" gap and the driver side has a 1/2" gap. Had to elongate the holes like you did. Still having issues with the passenger door unlatching. Seems like I am getting flexing somewhere as the latch is engauged.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting.. I measured there doors and they are same side to side.. That tells me the machines have a larger opening on the passanger side.. Bummer they have no addressed this then.. Sure would be nice to have both sides fit the same!
Its bad when they wife says why don't both sides fit the same.. She says its annoys the shit out of her!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mine were the same on my 13 Mav. Pass anger side opening was bigger. Also drill yourself a small hole at the lowest part of the doors frame. It will allow water to drain out.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok this is interested! Cant believe they wouldn't fix this as Im sure they have herd about it.. I guess we shall see if Adam chimes in on this!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I had the same issues on mine. The quality of the doors is outstanding, but they could have a little more adjustment built into them

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or they could address this issue as Im sure they know about it by now!

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still have not chimed in.. Hmm

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I love the look of TurnKeys doors... Just wish both sides fit the same

·
Banned