Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
612 Posts
I think this is a good time to ditch the K&N filter and ask me to send you a WS 200X or 240X depending on what fuel you want to run.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
612 Posts
Should test the center section by putting the boost leak gauge on it to see if it still hold boost. If the center is leaking you will get air down the oil return line. You can test that but clamping off the oil return...if the leak stops...you know your problem

In stock if you need one.

Boost Leak Tester

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
x10 on the K&N filter, they are crap. S&B separator and stock filter has kept my turbo and clean and smooth for 3k now.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Pitching my K&N for sure after seeing this, even running the S&B.
Ran them for years on many other engines and worked great however not off road/sand turbo engines.....

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Yeah if your going to run in the Nevada desert you need better than the k& n I have a stock turbo sitting on the shelf if you want to buy

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree with the rest of the guys your K&N filter is the problem, they are meant for street racing only tbh. If I was running in your terrain I'd get the particle separator for sure and upgrade my filter to the Donaldson Blue DBA 5225 after I replaced my turbo that is.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well I just found the rubber boot was not connected between intake and turbo,probably 10-15 miles worth of riding. I definitely sucked in some debris.Weird thing was car ran fine and didn’t even throw a code or check engine light.
My turbo blades don’t look so good anymore....?.I put it back together cleaned out all the junk and went out for a run and it still is making the same amount of boost PSI and running good.
Wondering how long it will last before I start seeing problems?. I have a trip soon and won’t be able to replace turbo till after trip. Wondering if I can get through my next trip before repairs are made?
D39CFE1A-FE52-42E8-9104-4D50C0C70F13.jpeg

·
Registered
662 Posts
[?QUOTE] Wondering how long it will last before I start seeing problems?. I have a trip soon and won’t be able to replace turbo till after trip. Wondering if I can get through my next trip before repairs are made?
[/QUOTE]

That's like asking how long a use light bulb will last after it's been dropped on the ground. It's a gamble that will eventually take out the bearings then the housing if bad enough.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Man I would replace asap. It’s not worth being broke down middle of no where due to something you know is bad and not fixing it. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
what ever junk went thru that turbo already did its damage to your motor
that metal gets stuck in the rings and chews up the cylinders
hopefully the intercooler caught the big stuff
that compressor side is total junk

·
Registered
260 Posts

This is in Goodyear az, would need a good looking over for sure but it’s here (I’m not related to that sale in any way)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this what I’m looking at or are there other options?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah if your going to run in the Nevada desert you need better than the k& n I have a stock turbo sitting on the shelf if you want to buy
If your stock turbo will work on my 17 model can you PM me a price,I’m interested.
Thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
IDK if this would work... Could you take off the impellers and do your trip N/A.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ya it’s thrashed....?‍♂
Guess I just needed to hear from some people with experience in these types of things.
Thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
7,442 Posts
That bearing is likely shot and those blades will hit the compressor housing and then break off. That will not end well. Does the compressor wheel have a ton of play in it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
The compressor wheel spins freely,I did not notice any other movement when I was spinning it with my finger.what you mean by play in the wheel kind like like a loose ceiling fan that wobbles when spinning?

·
Premium Member
7,442 Posts
Shaft play in the bearing is what I was referring to. Like if you pinch the center with your index finger and thumb and then try and wiggle it, but not too violently. This probably doesn't help cause it sounds like its already all back together. To be honest, i would not chance it, but that is just me. The level of damage that could occur is just not worth it in my opinion. But there is also a chance that it might be ok for one more ride.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts