Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was tuning my neighbors Turboed Maverick for him today at Sandlake when it broke the Primary Clutch bolt.
It is running 10lbs of boost and performs great with the Tune Monster managing the engine. What I need to know is what is the BEST fix for the Clutch Bolt. This is the Fourth clutch bolt i have broke in my time of tuning Maverick's.

1) Is there a better bolt than the BRP upgraded stud fix? If so who?
2) Will a QSC, CVTech, or STM Primary fix this problem?
3) Do I need to have the crank keyed? (Since the engine is making more torque)

Please share your turbo clutch setup/experience.
If you recommend an after market clutch, bolt, etc. please send me link or name and number as I would like to order ASAP.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is an aftermarket clutch different to the point it won't allow shaft to spin inside it which causes the bolt/stud to twist and break?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Is an aftermarket clutch different to the point it won't allow shaft to spin inside it which causes the bolt/stud to twist and break?
Yes.
STM Rage8 is a great set up for a turbo.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yup the stock clutch is a 2 piece design which slips under load , turbo for sure will kill the stock clutch and belts,

stm has a rage 3,6,8 , 8 being there strongest for turbo cars, and there 1 piece design clutch wont slip under load

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
how long did the stock clutch make it ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Geez you have alot of paddle tire. With all of that you are asking for issues. Good luck, i dont think a STM setup will be enough. Too much grip not enough wheel spin.
yea u might want to sell the sand rail tires and get sum smaller ones ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I was tuning my neighbors Turboed Maverick for him today at Sandlake when it broke the Primary Clutch bolt.
It is running 10lbs of boost and performs great with the Tune Monster managing the engine. What I need to know is what is the BEST fix for the Clutch Bolt. This is the Fourth clutch bolt i have broke in my time of tuning Maverick's.

1) Is there a better bolt than the BRP upgraded stud fix? If so who?
2) Will a QSC, CVTech, or STM Primary fix this problem?
3) Do I need to have the crank keyed? (Since the engine is making more torque)

Please share your turbo clutch setup/experience.
If you recommend an after market clutch, bolt, etc. please send me link or name and number as I would like to order ASAP.
Which turbo kit are you using?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts