Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Maverick back from my local shop that installs tons of turbos on Rzr's. This was the first Mav he's done. We put the MCX turbo kit on with a team primary and it ran great for about 20 miles. Then it backed the bolt that holds the secondary clutch on. We figured it was just loose, I cleaned it all and put it all back together went down the street gave it some gas and it came apart again. I put it on with a impact and had it tight. I don't understand why it's not reverse threaded. Anyone else having these issues, if so how can I prevent it. This time it took chunks out of the secondary. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
that's a safety feature so u don't blow the motor

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If u are willing to spent the $$ on a turbo but won't upgrade the clutches accordingly.... I'm not trying to be rude but that's dumb. U need aftermarket clutches that can better handle the new power and do it more efficiently. At least get a STM secondary. Btw I lock tight all my clutch bolts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The kit MCX built and run on their own has a Team primary, and they run a stock secondary so thats what they told me, I have learned after dealing with them that their customer service is a joke and they don't seem to know much about the machine. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The secondary won't backshift efficiently an u will have a hard time staying in the proper rpm range. The stock primary is the lesser of two evils but still should be replaced with an aftermarket Locked primary. If I were to turbo I'd run STM rage 8 primary with STM secondary. Just my opinion man

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have STM setup on my maverick max with mcx kit and my zero issues so far. I've put on almost 1000km on my maverick now, about half of those have been boosted. Last time I had my belt off, I compared my belt to a new one and it had minimal wear, not even enough to consider swapping it out. Go with the STM and I can help you with the setup. I'm running rage 3

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Does the mcx kit flash the ecu to remove knock sensor sensitivity and speed limiters? Does it raise the rpm limit to 8500?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The secondary won't backshift efficiently an u will have a hard time staying in the proper rpm range. The stock primary is the lesser of two evils but still should be replaced with an aftermarket Locked primary. If I were to turbo I'd run STM rage 8 primary with STM secondary. Just my opinion man
mine 2

1 - 20 of 31 Posts