Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok thought I would give some insight here. Machine seems to be pulling away all the changes I make. Some guys on here didnt think the ecu would adjust much.. I assure you that your wrong. I can pull or add over 90 percent with the Power commander and the ECU reutrns the a/r right to 14.4/15.2.... I got Barkers tune the did on a 2013 with there exhaust and the machine seems slower than with no commander on it. SO saving time on the dyno I but Power commanders auto tune.. Setting the tune at 13.1 as thats a great a/f ratio here in denver for Making power on a N/A Gas engine. Nothing seems to change when I accept trim values it keeps adding up and up and up till all cells are about maxed and machine still runs the same.. CRAZY right so I zero all cells and turn the auto tune off.. Have a buddy start ripping it around and guess what A/F ratio is 12.8/13.4 area.. Take all cell values and put them to +10 drive it around and within 5 mins a/f ration right back where it was with all cells at zero... SO there it is the 2014 ecu and DUAL 02s do have short term and long term adaptives!

Sort of pisses me off that the power commander equiptment was a waste but learned something new!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So what did the dyno say you are making for HP before and after you installed the Barkers?

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not remember I posted a thread on that already tho! With that information

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah Not sure why the power commander cant over ride this.. Got a email into them

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yah Not sure why the power commander cant over ride this.. Got a email into them
Was the dyno run with only the intake and exhaust (no tuner)? If so, looks like you made a good gain across the board so the ECM must be adjusting for the increased air flow…..

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes that was just intake and exhaust.. Everything runs rich up here tho due to our altitude

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yes that was just intake and exhaust.. Everything runs rich up here tho due to our altitude
What's your altitude? I live at 3K and ride from 5-8K…..

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Regular altitude in denver is 5280 our effective altitude is 9,500ft average. Our mountains range from 9,000-14,000 ft. There effective altitude is around 18K... Its crazy

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Regular altitude in denver is 5280 our effective altitude is 9,500ft average. Our mountains range from 9,000-14,000 ft. There effective altitude is around 18K... Its crazy
Wow….I bet you are down on power big time!

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya sucks

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya you low altitude guys are lucky

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I hear you lose close to 20% in the Denver area…could only imagine the losses once you go up into the mountains….

·
Registered
698 Posts
So is what you guys are saying in that the computer is smart enough to adjust without a programmer ?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I think so but only on the 2014s. I did notice that the 2014 commander has two o2 sensors by each head pipe now they have the technology Don't know why they wouldn't run a self tuning ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes my 14 has two o2 sensors.. Does the 2013s not ?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think so but only on the 2014s. I did notice that the 2014 commander has two o2 sensors by each head pipe now they have the technology Don't know why they wouldn't run a self tuning ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Are you saying the 2014's have 4 O2 sensors (2 on each head pipe???)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts