Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Tunes

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  jknapier 
#1 ·
I am looking for some honest opinions on what brand tuning I should go with. I have a 2019 X.3 turbo.

#5 ·
Looked into them all and know people who run all those.

Everyone seems very happy with the Whalen using the PV3.

John has some of the best customer service. I data logged mine after installing the tune, took it out for some WOT asphalt runs, sent the file back in the evening, had a customized tune back the next morning specific to my car. Top notch IMO!

#8 ·
Whalen you can load the tune yourself AND have a PV3
  • Flash performance tunes via OEM diagnostic connector, no need to remove and sent out ECU or use a piggyback device
  • Simple to plug in & flash tunes to your factory ECU
  • Display & log vehicle data channels in real-time
  • Extensive tuning definitions & tunability
  • Weather resistant for use in all riding conditions
  • Multi Color display which is viewable in direct sunlight

EVO you have to send your ECU in to them...... nuff said.

#12 ·
I ran a Whalen tune in my last X3 and liked it. I have friends with EVO tunes and they like them (I drove my friends and it was peppy). Also have friends with AA tunes. Can't go wrong with any of them.

I liked having the PV3 for ease of loading or removing tunes.
EVO has a new set up that I believe you can do the same. Different then their maptuner.

#13 ·
Good to hear you can now set up a tune without sending into EVO, not sure if the tuner is capable of data logging and provide the screens like the PV3 for monitoring,
Will EVO tweak the tune specific to your machine from data logs after the initial tune is installed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.