Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Override switch is to turn the intercooler fan on. Basically turn it on when you start the car and turn it off when you get out. It’s to increase the amount of cooling in the intercooler so the stock computer doesn’t pull power when things heat up.
The intercooler fan operates just like the turbo r models. The fan turns on when it gets to operating RPM and turn off when you shut the vehicle off.

423 Posts
The intercooler fan operates just like the turbo r models. The fan turns on when it gets to operating RPM and turn off when you shut the vehicle off.
Not on the 120 hp car unless you take to the dealer for the 172 hp upgrade or are on a Evo tune where they turn the fan on at startup. Override switch is needed if running any other tunes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not on the 120 hp car unless you take to the dealer for the 172 hp upgrade or are on a Evo tune where they turn the fan on at startup. Override switch is needed if running any other tunes.
EVO tune in sig. 1000 miles and going strong....mostly Glamis so the fan better be spinning. 190hp.... Another reason for EVO i guess??

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I read somewhere that the dealer could check the intercooler fan in the BUDS2 software but I haven looked myself. I may open the software up tonight and look.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I read somewhere that the dealer could check the intercooler fan in the BUDS2 software but I haven looked myself. I may open the software up tonight and look.
[/QUOTE
Didyou ever check to see if the intercooler fan can be turned on in buds ?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts