Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys we bought a 19 120 hp x3, I installed 172 hp upgrade, got a dynojet PV3, used the tune they sent me
which is the 25001502P tune, no wastegate adj. and to be honest I really can’t tell any difference, have any of you used this tune ?
All I was after was just a 172 hp tune, other than dealer, what tune would be compatible?
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
There is more to it than just a flash. Did you install the intercooler ? The wastgate crack pressure must be raised as well. Not positive but maybe have to have the 18 fuel pump. The intercooler is first thing needed.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
You need the bigger 18 fuel pump , since you have the tuner Id get ahold of kelly at kms and see about his 91 oct tune seems to run pretty strong with his tune just google kms performance , did you buy the 172 hp brk kit ? It shouldve had everything needed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Cales, yes I’ve added all the correct parts needed, contacted dynojet to ask if there was a wg adjustment needed,
they replied that was not needed, I thought to make more boost it would need to be set.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey desert dog, from what I understand the 19’s have the good pump, I may be wrong but I read that somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Hey desert dog, from what I understand the 19’s have the good pump, I may be wrong but I read
that somewhere.
? About the 120 hp model having a high flo pump or not. If you talk with kelly he would know for sure , if your tune doesn't require adjusting the crack pressure its not changing the boost at all as if it trys to build more boost the waste gates gonna open to bleed the addl. boost off, kelly a good guy and knows his sht. If I didn't have an evo tune and map tuner Id have his tune in a pv3 since you have the pv3 you can buy the tune file from him

309 Posts
You have to change to a 172 pump from either a 18 or 19. Just did this upgrade for a customer. Also you need to change clutching by adding weight, and possibly changing clocking position in secondary. You'll need a intercooler override switch unless you go with a tuner who has figured out how to turn it on in the ecm. Give me a shout if i can help with anything. Also might not be a bad idea to look into a Whalen tune at a minimum and maybe some of the other goodies. Let me know if i can help with any of that also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Trevor, thanks I sure will, I’ve got the intercooler override, dyno told me I would probably need that, I don’t know why I was told there was no need to adj. crack press.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
with the correct tune you can make 20psi on the stock spring setting
17-19 use the same pump, only the fuel regulator is changed
17 uses 58psi and the newer are set at 65
with the correct tune and injectors you can make 20psi on a stock 17 pump
I have been to 30 psi on 58psi fuel psi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info chris, so to use a 172 hp tune do I need to change fuel regulator?
and is there a tune you would recommend, I was looking at powertune stage1, what do you think ?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
you must use the settings the tuners recommends
for the tune to work correctly

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i went with one of Andy's tune, it is pretty much what i wanted, and what a difference it made.
lower end was a lot better, idle is good top end made a lot power over stock, i like it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Gundog,
what i did was find a new takeoff intercooler and fan, bought a PV3 along with an intercooler overide switch and charge tubes,
the pv3 from dynojet comes with some tunes but i really couldn't tell much of a difference with them, thats why i was looking
for something else.
i've got roughly 900.00 in all, including andy's tune. i shopped around for some deals.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Gundog,
what i did was find a new takeoff intercooler and fan, bought a PV3 along with an intercooler overide switch and charge tubes,
the pv3 from dynojet comes with some tunes but i really couldn't tell much of a difference with them, thats why i was looking
for something else.
i've got roughly 900.00 in all, including andy's tune. i shopped around for some deals.

I'm sourcing the parts to do the same thing on my 2019. So to be clear you did not have to replace or modify the fuel pump in any way? What is the purpose of the fan over ride switch. Is it to turn the fan on or to shut the fan off? Under what conditions would you want to turn the fan on or off?

·
Vendor
388 Posts
Override switch is to turn the intercooler fan on. Basically turn it on when you start the car and turn it off when you get out. It’s to increase the amount of cooling in the intercooler so the stock computer doesn’t pull power when things heat up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey l1tech, no i didn't have to change fuel pump, i talked to Andy and with the stage 1 tune, stock pump is fine.
i was wondering about that also, but i read somewhere that the 19's had the good pump, i can't remember where i read that though.

·
Vendor
388 Posts
‘18-‘19 have a better fuel pump than the ‘17. I’m not sure on the tune you’re looking at but with the 18-19 pump on the Whalen tunes you’re good without changing the fuel pump all the way up to the 200 RWHP tune (WS200).

You need to switch to a high flow AEM when you go with E85 because the fuel demand of E85 is greater than gasoline.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Flash what does it cost to get 172 HP out of a standard?
If your going to spend the money to get to 172 you should at least go to a stage three for the extra money you wont have to upgrade again. If 172 was enough we all wouldn't be upgrading our cars to higher stage reflash.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LoL ....so true Cale’s...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts