Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the re post charlot. I haven't ordered yet but I'm told by someone that is setting his maverick up that what all you can do is amazing.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Please educate me. Does the auto tune automatically correct the fuel parameters? So you can just plug this in and add a exhaust etc, and it will correct for A/F ratios? Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Please educate me. Does the auto tune automatically correct the fuel parameters? So you can just plug this in and add a exhaust etc, and it will correct for A/F ratios? Thanks.
Yes, the autotune works like you stated but it's so much more precise than other makers.

I'd recommend a full exhaust like muzzy with the pre-welded 02 Bungs.

After installation, ride around for 30-45 minutes, save adjustments... Bump down your correction % and points, ride around 30-45 minutes, save adjustments...repeat this process one more time and your set. Save the file and send it to your ECU.

Now I'd recommend if you ever add clutch work or any other performance enhancement to do the same thing as above.

The software looks a little intimidating at first, but it's really impressive after you play with it a few times. Both my old Renegade 800r and Outlander 1000 had such difference responsive throttles after it was done. With just a exhaust and clutch work I was running 87 on a huge 4x4 ATV with steel bumpers, power steering, and winch. It's one of the ultimate sleepers when getting up next to your large bore sport bikes or smaller 450s.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, the autotune works like you stated but it's so much more precise than other makers.

I'd recommend a full exhaust like muzzy with the pre-welded 02 Bungs.

After installation, ride around for 30-45 minutes, save adjustments... Bump down your correction % and points, ride around 30-45 minutes, save adjustments...repeat this process one more time and your set. Save the file and send it to your ECU.

Now I'd recommend if you ever add clutch work or any other performance enhancement to do the same thing as above.

The software looks a little intimidating at first, but it's really impressive after you play with it a few times. Both my old Renegade 800r and Outlander 1000 had such difference responsive throttles after it was done. With just a exhaust and clutch work I was running 87 on a huge 4x4 ATV with steel bumpers, power steering, and winch. It's one of the ultimate sleepers when getting up next to your large bore sport bikes or smaller 450s.
So your saying these will basically tune themselves? That basically anybody can use this and and tune there car in no matter what mods are done? Just drive it around and it will make changes itself?

·
Registered
124 Posts
So your saying these will basically tune themselves? That basically anybody can use this and and tune there car in no matter what mods are done? Just drive it around and it will make changes itself?
That's exactly it.

It uses the processing power of the laptop to tune it to the set AFR you have designated.

It by far, is the best autotune setup on the market.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That's exactly it.

It uses the processing power of the laptop to tune it to the set AFR you have designated.

It by far, is the best autotune setup on the market.
So what makes this different than say the Doebeck AFR+ Gen 4 tuner is that you are telling the program your target AFR values and it compares them to the stock values and compensates accordingly and then you upload this new fuel mapping to the ECU (correct)? Whereas the AFR+ is constantly altering the fuel injectors real time to achieve the target AFR values you have set independent from the ECU mapping.....does this sound about right?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
So what makes this different than say the Doebeck AFR+ Gen 4 tuner is that you are telling the program your target AFR values and it compares them to the stock values and compensates accordingly and then you upload this new fuel mapping to the ECU (correct)? Whereas the AFR+ is constantly altering the fuel injectors real time to achieve the target AFR values you have set independent from the ECU mapping.....does this sound about right?
Bump to keep the thread going, I'm interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm interested as well. How does it compare to the pc5 with the dual channel auto tune. It basically sounds like the same thing. Install it, ride around, check it to see what changes it's made, you can apply them and repeat again to get it more precise. I'm looking to get a cat delete and tuner soon so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Vendor
224 Posts
That's exactly it.
Incorrect. It does not use the processing power of the laptop. The laptop is just the interface between you and the Powercommander V and Autotune.

A dobeck AFR will now have a base map internally mapped into it. The different "zones" of fueling are basically told which A/F ratio you want to hit and the O2 sensor reads that A/F ratio at the tailpipe. If it sees a value that is not acceptable for the desired A/F ratio the injector pulse width is modified to compensate. Essentially a PCV works just the same except you set a table of values for throttle % and RPM and the desired A/f ratio. One requires a laptop interface and the other has its interface built in.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
680 Posts
Does the dobeck just go off one cylinder or both?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Incorrect. It does not use the processing power of the laptop. The laptop is just the interface between you and the Powercommander V and Autotune.

No I'm actually right on this one, I was referring to the Tune Monster which DOES use a laptop.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts