Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with a TM and full auto tune tested gains on a dyno to see how much it helped? I'll be installing one within a few days on mine along with a cvtech/STM combo and am curious what to expect after tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
4-5rwhp from the Tunemonster, clutches do not make power, but do get it to the ground better. CV tech doesn't, but a good clutch will drive like it has more power.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mrrpm flashes the factory ecu. The problem I see with this is if you go to a dealer and they update your software/firmware on said ECU, then his programming is lost. MrRpm, correct me if I'm wrong. His also does not have a fuel controller included. But, it is much less money.

The Tune monster for the Maverick is a new ECU and a fuel monster. When you buy it with the add-on autotune, you're spending $2,060. Mrrpm's reflash is $500 I think. With the tune monster, you have complete control of all the things that MrRPM will do to your ECU for you, plus timing and fuel. So, they are completely different things. But, an accidental reflash from a dealer would hose all that up I do believe. The TM is an ECM and fuel controller and software for you to modify those things on your own at your leisure. Plus, as you do performance upgrades like more air, bigger throttle body, cams, etc, you can just run auto-tune again to adjust for the additional fuel needs. Steve will initially adjust things like timing for you (since most of us don't know crap about proper timing adjustments) and then you just go ride with auto-tune to let the fuel tables adjust accordingly. It's a pretty painless and quick process to get the fuel tables dialed in with auto-tune.

Reactions: briant

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm not sure if the dealer updates would overrite my reflash or not. I recommend not letting them do any updates, but if they update your ecu, and it overrites the reflash, send it back in, and I'll reflash again, no charge. I do know there are different things that are in an update, like if there's an engine tuning update, that would overrite my reflash, but if it's a powersteering update, that wouldn't affect my reflash.

·
Registered
486 Posts
so is there any vid or ple out there with this ecu and auto tuner.....to you need both with the re flash ....also whats the gain 4/5hp with auto tuner and reflash....or 4/5 with just re flash

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not sure what gains with are with the reflash besides most of the stock limitations. Which to me personally would be enough to send my ecu to Greg to get reflashed for $500 anyday. The ecu does all the above plus allows you to tune it yourself. Being able to tune it yourself is worth big bucks to me personally and here's why. I'm 3 hours away from any reputable Dyno and tuner. Between gas,time, and Dyno pulls, the ECU pays for itself after upgrading your machine over time.

I've owned Steve's products and I'll say it a million times how he makes quality products and stands behind them 110%.

I've used them two times before on different bikes and recently sold my third one I purchased for the maverick.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's not really how much power does a Tm give u. It's what it unlocks the door for which is anything and everything from any mod u can do. I've owned a Tm (atv) they are the best but not for the casual rider, they are reserved for perfection junkies.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Would sure be interested to see What hp gains could be had with a few bolt ons like a good exhaust maybe bigger TB and the Tunemonster?? Anybody using the Tunemonster with some mods done?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Would sure be interested to see What hp gains could be had with a few bolt ons like a good exhaust maybe bigger TB and the Tunemonster?? Anybody using the Tunemonster with some mods done?
I'm betting in a few more days there will be someone posting about their experience.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Why isn't anyone thinking about larger injectors for more hp coupled along with the larger TB?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why isn't anyone thinking about larger injectors for more hp coupled along with the larger TB?

Pending setup, factory injectors will be enough for everything people can do to these machines. Tuning for what you have would be my first concern.

Besides clutching, I'd look into a fuel monster/tune monster or even reflash before I did anything else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts