Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys after my first real ride in my 15 mav xxc I knew I had to do something about the heat and the noise. I didn't get a chance to line any of the panels rooting around here one night I saw an old post came up and a member on here makes covers for the mav and the commander to help block out the heat figured I would give it a shot. Cover came and man is it ever great quality you can tell that this is hand made, stitching heavy duty material I was impressed when I opened the box. Install was very easy Some feedback I would say I wish there were a tad more snaps on the sides but the seats do a fine job of help hold it down. Now for the results as far as heat the area that I ride it it rarely gets about 90f but many times in the summer it is upper to mid 80s, this cover acts as a great barrier for the heat. Before the cover as we all know the panels get so hot you can't rest your leg on them, this cover acts as a great barrier/cushion for your leg. Not only can you not feel the heat it feels comfortable resting your leg there now with the padding. The only area that I felt heat come up from is the gear selector area that is not covered for obvious reasons. As far as sound for sure this cover helped it didn't block it all out but helps for sure. I feel if I wrap my headers and add some dynaliner to the panels it will help drasticly. 35 and under I no longer have to "scream" for my passenger to hear me, above that its all over I don't think anything can help because of the exhaust. I feel most noise is from the cvt and exhaust in the rear. Overall I am happy with the cover and would be again and recommend it to all for anybody looking for heat/sound solution ever as a starting piece, very easy to install took about 10 minutes. cover1.JPG cover2.JPG cover4.JPG cover5.JPG cover6.JPG

Reactions: pfi572 and dirtyj

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
We have a pattern but our dealer sold his turbo before we could do a final test fit .
So I'm at stand still until I can find a turbo for a test fit .
Anyone know if the turbo console would bolt in my non- turbo .
I could buy a turbo console for the test fit if it would bolt in for ten minutes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
It sure looks the same based on those pictures. Tim

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The turbo center console has a square bulge that goes from the front to the back .
My guess is it's for the air pipe from the turbo going to the throttle body .
Non turbo consoles are basically flat on the top of them

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Well guys after my first real ride in my 15 mav xxc I knew I had to do something about the heat and the noise. I didn't get a chance to line any of the panels rooting around here one night I saw an old post came up and a member on here makes covers for the mav and the commander to help block out the heat figured I would give it a shot. Cover came and man is it ever great quality you can tell that this is hand made, stitching heavy duty material I was impressed when I opened the box. Install was very easy Some feedback I would say I wish there were a tad more snaps on the sides but the seats do a fine job of help hold it down. Now for the results as far as heat the area that I ride it it rarely gets about 90f but many times in the summer it is upper to mid 80s, this cover acts as a great barrier for the heat. Before the cover as we all know the panels get so hot you can't rest your leg on them, this cover acts as a great barrier/cushion for your leg. Not only can you not feel the heat it feels comfortable resting your leg there now with the padding. The only area that I felt heat come up from is the gear selector area that is not covered for obvious reasons. As far as sound for sure this cover helped it didn't block it all out but helps for sure. I feel if I wrap my headers and add some dynaliner to the panels it will help drasticly. 35 and under I no longer have to "scream" for my passenger to hear me, above that its all over I don't think anything can help because of the exhaust. I feel most noise is from the cvt and exhaust in the rear. Overall I am happy with the cover and would be again and recommend it to all for anybody looking for heat/sound solution ever as a starting piece, very easy to install took about 10 minutes. View attachment 51601 View attachment 51609 View attachment 51617 View attachment 51625 View attachment 51633

I remember a guy said he notched some foam and put it in the Shifter gate to keep the heat from coming up out of the Shifter.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
One other guy used a rubber shifter boot to seal off the hot air . A 4 wd shifter boot if I recall right

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The Mav turbo front console is shaped different from non turbo .
I'm not sure what shape the max front console is .
Our dealer don't have anything for me to look at

This is a 2 seater turbo model
Then I will post a pic of my Mav non turbo .
Not even close to the same

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
I see what you mean now. Tim 20160610_170553.jpg 20160610_170557.jpg

Reactions: Adrenaline Cycles

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
shifter photo.PNG Rubber shifter boot thats not a bad idea, with the cover on its really not that bad when the air comes up through the gear slector but worth a shot to try and block it, heres a photo I screened shot from an old post on here this may be worth looking at as well, but I wonder to myself what happens if it falls off and starts to burn on the engine down there?? not good

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have some 1/2" thick foam mounted under my shifter gate . It's wide enough that it's zip ties to the frame so it can never make it down to the exhaust pipes and start on fire .
The stuff I used is a ground mat that was made to put on the floor of a tent for your sleeping bag to go on .
Seems to be ok

·
Registered
126 Posts
Troy, have a 2016 XRS Turbo, need one of these for sure. Do I order from you? Also, Can you get your hands on some carbon look alike fabric?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I need to get my hands on a turbo for our final test fit for the turbos .
I'm at a stand still till then .
They are far and few up here .
There is a large demand for the turbo cover so I hope I can find one soon .
I needed one more day but the turbo sold and the owner lives a long ways away .

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll be purchasing one for an xrs turbo when you have it ready to go. That's an awesome idea/design. Great job!

Just send me a pm when you're ready to roll.

Thanks
Jeremy

1 - 20 of 154 Posts