Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carried my mav to the dealer yesterday to get the starter recall done. I asked the mechanic if they had seen any xp1000 ( they are a polaris dealer also). He said there was a truck on the way but it got re-routed back to polaris because of all the recalls and problems. He mentioned the front a-arms,the front shocks and said they were having problems with the rear shocks breaking loose from the top and driving through something in the body. I don't know if he knows what he's talking about but that's what he said.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yup tons of problems ,

a-arms
shocks
reverse chains r braking now
spark plugs fouling out
valve spring busted on one guy
4wd kicking in and out while driving for no reason
bad front end vibration rattle
3 clutch's blew apart -The nut that holds the spider from the primary clutch has stripped off and I lost all my top-end 60 mph max and was loud
few belts smoked
check engine and powersteering lights coming on
battery not charging from factory
noisy loud fuel pump

its pretty much same ol poolaris quality !

if anyone is bored they made a thread for all there problems lol

http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/118282-report-any-2014-xp-1000-problems-here-31.html

here is a guys story lol

yesterday i went to start my xp1000 and it wouldnt start. It had a whopping 2 hours and 30 miles on it.

Dealer sent a truck and trailer to get it. he told me they was sure it would just be the spark plugs.

He was going to bring plugs along then realized there arent any around to buy.

Today he called at 9am said hey we are cleaning the plugs and taking it for a test drive it will be back around noon.

Two rolls around and i call him. He said well it wasnt the plugs you have a cylinder with no compression. They tear down engine and find a broken valve spring.

I guess polaris sent out a new top end for me.

This really blows. I was going to head out late tonight/tomorrow for glamis.

I have some great luck

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
They are called POO....laris for a good reason. Garbage!!! Imo

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Polaris builds absolute shit. I dont know why the faithful over there keeps drinking the kool aid and wont wake up and see polaris is just ripping people off. Eventually they will just price themselves out of the market.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ya 32 pages of issues in a few short weeks in many areas is scary as hell... glad I have maverick. I would post something over there but they banned me for my complaints on Polaris about 4 months back. someone asked the quality between canam and popo and I simply told them my reasons and thoughts on the popo junk.. got banned for spam as they called It, been a member of 12 forums over the last 15 tears, never a issue, even owned a forum before (not sxs related)...what a dip shit and joke the moderator over there is, so die hard popo they could not take the truth, forums like that are not worth a shit when they cant debate the issue or not ask the question if you cant handle the truth!!! no worries on my end, I have not lost any sleep over it, just shows how defensive they get over what?? junk?? is that really worth it....lol , maybe the thought that they cant get to the level of canam is the real issue

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
When your in bed with pooplaris of course your gonna cover for them. Its probably the most biased forum ive ever seen.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the rzr forum is for rzr worshippers only ! lol

or when we need a good laugh !

·
Registered
255 Posts
Im a converted Polaris guy, not because I had problems (I had zero problems with my RZR S) but because I liked the idea of a 1000cc machine that was different.

With that said, looking on this forum, there are alot of problems with the Can Am as well.. Not bashing what I own, but looking at it a little differeent.. You guy's are bashing 1 thread on their site when there are many threads on this site that are full of problems we are suffering from.

ALL first year products suffer from growing pains.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
We can bash all their different problem threads too if that will make you feel better.:haha: Its just easy to pick out the one that happens to be 32 pages long with 478 replies........

Reactions: kroth1984

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Im a converted Polaris guy, not because I had problems (I had zero problems with my RZR S) but because I liked the idea of a 1000cc machine that was different.

With that said, looking on this forum, there are alot of problems with the Can Am as well.. Not bashing what I own, but looking at it a little differeent.. You guy's are bashing 1 thread on their site when there are many threads on this site that are full of problems we are suffering from.

ALL first year products suffer from growing pains.
lets just say all sxs have there problems but the xp1 just happens to have more then the rest ,

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
lets just say all sxs have there problems but the xp1 just happens to have more then the rest ,
That's it in a nutshell.
They are innovative but they build cheap low quality crap because there to concerned with profit margin.

Reactions: Canamxteam

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ford, Chevy, Dodge etc. the same ole story. If it wasn't for all of them we wouldn't have anything worth a dam.

I have the maverick and its had its share of expensive corrections and add ons, I also have the new XP 1000. I like them bith about the same but like the looks of the XP a little more, doesn't make it better just something that I like.
But then again I like to cruise around on my crew also.

Reactions: Brayla

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The best thing about all the different brands is variety. Not everyone will like the same stuff so this helps the manufacturers create their brand niche and carve out their market share. Variety is good for the industry because it causes competition which in turn creates better products for consumers.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
my main comment bro was about the ass hole moderator they have over there...who cant handle a little raw facts when a thread was asking directly for just that. for that reason there will never be credit to a forum when they cant take good with bad and that goes for any forum of anything). as to mav, few issues ( over the whole picture in all units produced to date of non modified machines)and most corrected in 2014. canam saw it and fixed it. sure you will still have your once in a while issue still, anything with a motor will, but in general there sorted out in a short time. I beat the living shit out of mine to try and get it to fail, so warranty would fix it, and not so much as a burned belt. so i've decided it must be good to go now....lol...im also a past Polaris owner from years back and speak from direct experiences on there crap, and worse yet, warranty and worse yet customer service. in any case, to each there own in machines, that's cool, my complaint again was the moderators ignorance!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I gotta say I loved my xp and didn't have no problems with it. Just hated that damn interior, it made it feel cheap.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Mavericks are really honestly only having one major issue (clutch) all the other little odds and ends are normal for anything you buy wether it e a car a truck a boat a dam plain . Stuff will always have it's issues . But shitlarous is having some probs with the 1000

1 - 20 of 35 Posts