Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 maverick xrs trouble
I have a 2014 Can am Maverick xrs bought new.. i've been through 4 Belts in 26 hours.. I have a rear output shaft leaking oil.. I've lost power in my gauge cluster my power steering my rear taillights my four-wheel-drive..car starts intermittent ..also broken and ripped driver seat .. The car looks like it did when I bought it so I don't trash the thing has any one experienced this and looking for a direction .. I called brp they said someone will call me back and I called the dealer and told them they can have it back ...thoughts?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
hmmmmm, that is a record issues at once. lots wrong there, on a new machine. makes me wonder here with all those claims. I would suggest taking to dealer, nothing else to suggest on this.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Lemon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking... Dealer said would let me know tommrow if they would buy it back

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would push hard for that. Nvr heard of a story like yours even in the atv end, must have been a Friday job before a weeks vacation

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'd tell them they can either buy it back or it can be lit on fire and have a ghost ride through the front of the dealership. The dealer and BRP should be fighting over who gets to make that right! I'm sorry for your bad experience, and I hope you get it straightened out. Don't let it sour you to the Maverick... the one you got is the exception to the rule. They really are great machines. They should just take yours back and give you a new one and some free stuff for your troubles. Good luck!

Reactions: bullet30

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
i remember reading a story almost a year ago from another member in the same situation. It took him months to get a resolution. Call the BRP number everyother day to push the issue, be a pita but pollite.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Sounds bad but the all of the electrical problems you mentioned could be, and likely is something as simple as a bad battery connection or a bad fuse. Belts blowing could be a plugged snorkel or something off in the clutch. If you dealer is any good they should be able to get things sorted fairly easily.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
2014 maverick xrs trouble
I have a 2014 Can am Maverick xrs bought new.. i've been through 4 Belts in 26 hours.. I have a rear output shaft leaking oil.. I've lost power in my gauge cluster my power steering my rear taillights my four-wheel-drive..car starts intermittent ..also broken and ripped driver seat .. The car looks like it did when I bought it so I don't trash the thing has any one experienced this and looking for a direction .. I called brp they said someone will call me back and I called the dealer and told them they can have it back ...thoughts?
sounds like you have a flakey main relay (R2). I think it is the same as the accessories relay (R3). Swap it and see if the issues go away or follow the relay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts