Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Maverick Max with 1537 miles and 157 hrs, no mud or deep water riding. Last summer and this winter, I started getting a "transmission signal fault" readout across the display. It also kicked into ECO mode when it happened. It seemed to run fine but the message kept scrolling across the display. Search results point to sport low override or wiring harness and connection issues near the transmission. I don't have sport low installed and have removed all plastics and checked every connection and wiring for overheating indications. Does anyone have a conclusive resolution to this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Travers,

We're sorry to know you're experiencing challenges with your unit. Please visit your nearest BRP certified dealership for diagnostic testing to resolve this. Thank you Lise- BRP Care

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Travers. My '13 Maverick starting doing the same thing this past summer, but rather intermittently over the course of a ride. Sorry to be of no help, because I've also had no luck finding the cause. Seems to create no problem for me other than the ECU not knowing what gear the Mav is in. Due to the intermittent nature, I still think wiring / connection issue. If you find out, please post. I'm putting my CVT back together (separate thing) over X-Mas weekend, and I'll check the wiring again at that time. If I notice anything, I'll post as well.

Ultimately I'll decide that the real solution is a 2019 X3 XRS!

On another note, while I'm happy to see BRP / Can-Am on the forums, I'd rather they help spitball solutions, rather than tell you to take it to the dealer. OH, and quit calling it a "UNIT".

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a bearing on my primary seize, and take out the rest of my CVT in the process a couple of months ago. I've received the replacement parts, but haven't been able to put the CVT back together because I'm in the middle of a move. I can't prove that the CVT fault message was a harbinger of the bearing failure until I'm done moving and get the Mav back together to see if the fault still comes in. Hopefully sometime in January. BUT, if I were you, I'd check the 3 bearings in the CVT. New bearings, $60. A bearing failure is $$$. Once I've got it back together, and some hours on it, I'll post here whether or not the signal fault has returned.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have you tried cleaning your VSS... vehicle speed sensor on your transmission? It has a magnet and will pick up metal from trans and can send wrong signal to ECU and cause an error code. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts