Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a write up on removing the tranny? My mav has 370 miles and the output shaft bearings are shot... yay me!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Anyone have a write up on removing the tranny? My mav has 370 miles and the output shaft bearings are shot... yay me!

I have a 2013 commander transmission with low hours that should work if you decide to go down that road...$1000 plus shipping

·
Registered
32 Posts
there was one on the FB page. pretty sure ya need to pull the motor to pull the trans

·
Administrator
3,719 Posts
there was one on the FB page. pretty sure ya need to pull the motor to pull the trans
I probably had seen the same one....mudders did a tranny swap at the races in 5 1/2 hours and managed to work in a lunch break. FYI, they pulled engine and tranny together.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes, the engine and trans come out as an assembly. If you never did it before I'd figure 6 hours out and 10 going back in. That's taking pics, tagging connectors, cleaning, wire tying everything back up and double checking yourself after every step. Now that I've done it I could probably do it in almost half that time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I twisted off rear drive shaft on last ride (5min ride) and cracked trans casing. took in to dealer due to size of the job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts