Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed a loud whining\holwling noise coming from their diff or trans . Mine seems to be very noticeable between 20 and 30 in low expecially under deceleration. I just changed my diff and trans oil for the second time . I only have 100 miles on it so far . I dont know if im missing something or I have a serious problem .

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
No whine or howl out of mine.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
they all have a light normal cvt gear box sound , so its hard to tell how loud urs is,

take it to the dealer and let them check it if still under warranty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they all have a light normal cvt gear box sound , so its hard to tell how loud urs is,

take it to the dealer and let them check it if still under warranty
Yeah its still under warranty for another 2 months but you know how that shit goes . Something like that they will prolly blow off as normal, but we shall see . I have a leaking front diff that is actually leaking from a imperfection in the casting and a appointment Wednesday for warranty so ill see what they will do... Thanx

·
Registered
806 Posts
At 20 mph and 4550 rpm mine is lound with the normal vibration and exhaust noise, but I don't think its coming from the trans.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i got a nasty rotational noise at only 60 miles,they ended up replacing the tranny.they originally thought it was the rear diff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got a nasty rotational noise at only 60 miles,they ended up replacing the tranny.they originally thought it was the rear diff.
I was really thinking it was the trans myself. Ive pulled off all the plastics and drove it and thats where I hear the howling noise it seems . Did you have to make a big deal about it or did they change it with no argument?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
as long as ur dealer is normal they should take care of you if there is a problem ,

but there are sum retarded dealers out there - I always try to make best friends with the service guy ask him about his family what kind of riding he does , offer something to him LOL

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as long as ur dealer is normal they should take care of you if there is a problem ,

but there are sum retarded dealers out there - I always try to make best friends with the service guy ask him about his family what kind of riding he does , offer something to him LOL
Only problem with that is my service advisors a lady but I'll see what I can do. lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Only problem with that is my service advisors a lady but I'll see what I can do. lol
well u might be able to do a lil jigalow'ing ! lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
mine was very obvious that something was wrong,bad enough that they could not even try to argue.it did take them 3 weeks to fix it though. i lost the last good month of riding.but i took it out yesterday for the first time since i have had it back and all seems good except a rattle at lower rpm's. i would take it in,you don't want to wait until it is out of warranty.my repair bill would have been almost $2000 without warranty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mine was very obvious that something was wrong,bad enough that they could not even try to argue.it did take them 3 weeks to fix it though. i lost the last good month of riding.but i took it out yesterday for the first time since i have had it back and all seems good except a rattle at lower rpm's. i would take it in,you don't want to wait until it is out of warranty.my repair bill would have been almost $2000 without warranty.
I'll try my best. They have been good to me so far . I only have a little over a month left on warranty so this is my last shot to knock out any problems. Maybe if I smile big and lick my eyebrow she'll take care of me . Lol Benzo

·
Registered
175 Posts
How are you guys differentiating between that noise and a belt howling noise. When they put on the recall stud on mine started making a howling noise from around 15 30mph only when you are at a steady speed, I thought it was just the belt making the noise but now after reading I don't know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How are you guys differentiating between that noise and a belt howling noise. When they put on the recall stud on mine started making a howling noise from around 15 30mph only when you are at a steady speed, I thought it was just the belt making the noise but now after reading I don't know.
I was wondering the same thing because I got clutch recall and I also got a dalton clutch kit. I went to laborfest and thats when I started noticing it so maybe your right . I just assumed that it was the diff or gearbox. Did you notice it immediately ? Is this common with the clutch recall?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts