Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blew my tranny after only 450 miles and 43 hours. Had the bike for about 8 months while working 7/7. Bought extended warranty and they refuse to cover it. Bike was not rode hard and has seen minimal mud. Put 31" mud tires on for a few weeks but didn't like the way it rode so went back to stock. Had stock tires on when the tranny broke. Never had any other problems with the bike at all. Shouldn't the axles or diif go before the tranny?? Warranty inspector says they will not cover due to water and mud being found in the tranny case. The case was cracked when i sent it in. Bike was clean and hadn't seen any mud or water in months. No water in the engine or any diffs. No other sign of water getting into anything. Bike was never in deep water! How does mud and water get into the transmission only?? Any help would be appreciated as to no one seems to be able to give me an explanation. IMO some sort of seal would have had to have failed. Wouldn't that be covered under the extended warranty??

·
Registered
668 Posts
All depends on the dealer brother, they can tell can am what they want to tell them. A good dealer would have worked with you but dont think mud or water cant get in to chit.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune bud. As with any extended warranty you gotta read the fine print to see if they can get out of fixing it in any way. It may sound petty but get the tabby fixed and take them to small claims court. I'm not a fan of that but sometimes you gotta play the game

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Blew my tranny after only 450 miles and 43 hours. Had the bike for about 8 months while working 7/7. Bought extended warranty and they refuse to cover it. Bike was not rode hard and has seen minimal mud. Put 31" mud tires on for a few weeks but didn't like the way it rode so went back to stock. Had stock tires on when the tranny broke. Never had any other problems with the bike at all. Shouldn't the axles or diif go before the tranny?? Warranty inspector says they will not cover due to water and mud being found in the tranny case. The case was cracked when i sent it in. Bike was clean and hadn't seen any mud or water in months. No water in the engine or any diffs. No other sign of water getting into anything. Bike was never in deep water! How does mud and water get into the transmission only?? Any help would be appreciated as to no one seems to be able to give me an explanation. IMO some sort of seal would have had to have failed. Wouldn't that be covered under the extended warranty??
One thing you gotta check regarding water/contamination entry into the tranny....Look at the clear plastic vent hose on the top of the trans. It happens to pass right next to the rear cylinder exhaust pipe. I found mine melted. When it melts, you then have a direct path for debris right into the tranny. I caught this on mine and replaced it (along with some heat sheathing) just before it broke off. If that happened to you, it can explain how water & mud got into your tranny. I'd check this out if I were you!

Reactions: MaverickXrsDon

·
Registered
109 Posts
The amount of posts on here about can am not covering anything under warrenty is alarming geez.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Man try another dealer and if they fk ya again just suck it up and drop in the XMR tranny to get that reduction. Slap some big meats on there with snorks and go deep, that way when shit break you will know it was your fault.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts