Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, this beast won't fit in my current enclosed trailer. I found one that has a door opening of 74.5" so I measured my machine and I'm coming up with a height of 74.5 including the roof. That is to close for comfort for me but the guy at the trailer place says I will have an inch or so to spare because of the angle of entry coming up the ramp. Are any of you able to fit in a trailer with that opening size with a BPR roof installed? This place is over an hour away and right now the only way I know to be sure is to drag the Mav there on a open trailer I borrowed and try it.

Gary

·
Registered
317 Posts
Air down the rear tires. It should give you the extra you need. I had the same issue, the back of my cage would not clear. Aired down my rear tires, and it gave me enough once I sat in it to pull it in.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that might work but I'd like to be able to do this without any special prep. I'f I'm buying a trailer I want one I can just roll in and out of. The higher ones are hard to find sitting on a lot somewhere and are 4-6 weeks out special order. :sad:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I don't know where you are or where you ride, but I took about 1" out of the preload on the rear shocks to soften it up some. Don't know if you want a softer ride, or can afford to lose any ground clearance.

Reactions: garyhesq

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a standard 72 inch door opening height and have the sport roof.. The angle going in and out makes up for some of the height difference but I do barely scrape if I am by myself and am ok if I have a passenger when loading and unloading .. You should be fine with a 74.5 inch door opening or I know some people just keep a large bag of sand to weight the back down so you dont have to mess with letting air out if the tires or adjusting the suspension.. Hope this helps

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually thought about lowering it before I even drove it but my first time out ended up being in tight woods and at one point we were making our own trails. I was glad I had the clearance! It came in handy. Mattyboy I like what you are saying. I might load this thing up and take a road trip Saturday to see if it fits. Thanks for that info!
Gary

·
Registered
448 Posts
Would it not be cheaper to buy a shorter cage? Most of the cages I have looked at have 3" od so drop.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have a length problem. I can't fit the Mav and my tractor in my current trailer at the same time for when I go to camp. That wasn't a problem when I was taking the Renegade. It was tight but it fit.
Gary

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine has the BRP roof and is on 28's. I just hop on the back and strap the suspension down. Takes 2 minutes. Im looking for a more permanent solution though. Im not too crazy about weakening the springs over time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never thought about doing that! That's a good idea. I'll bet you could pick up a few extra inches that way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had my trailer built with a 78” door opening. Works great and I have extra room so I can add 30” Mongrels tires.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the trailer I was going to look at tomorrow morning was sold so it looks like I am going to have to order one. That's probably best anyway besides the wait time. I'll get what I need instead of compromising.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Well the trailer I was going to look at tomorrow morning was sold so it looks like I am going to have to order one. That's probably best anyway besides the wait time. I'll get what I need instead of compromising.
This is what I did. The problem is my Maverick is sitting in the garage, .5 miles on it. I have owned this thing for 3 weeks and not had it out yet. I fail as an owner. I tried to rent 1 this week end but the local trailers were booked.:serious:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
This is what I did. The problem is my Maverick is sitting in the garage, .5 miles on it. I have owned this thing for 3 weeks and not had it out yet. I fail as an owner. I tried to rent 1 this week end but the local trailers were booked.:serious:
MAJOR FAIL Get out nride that damn thing already.

·
Registered
77 Posts
MAJOR FAIL Get out nride that damn thing already.
Heres a good one.

I have had my Mav for more than a month and only have 30 miles on it. Last weekend it had 2.

I can pull out of my garage and hit farmer field roads all the way to open desert. Basically 5 miles down dirt roads to open country packed full of trails and mountains. Nothing was stopping me....except anxiety over the clutch. I got over it!

Another week until my QSC and STM gets here!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts