Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Maverick XRC
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good aftermarket TPMS system. I’ve trashed two rims now because a tire went flat and I didn’t realize quickly enough

·
Administrator
2,350 Posts
Anyone know of a good aftermarket TPMS system. I’ve trashed two rims now because a tire went flat and I didn’t realize quickly enough
I run TST with 12 sensors and 2 monitors in our truck and trailer...works perfectly for temperature and pressures, several adjustable alarms.

Disclaimer: not sure about the abilities of sensors in reading our low PSI tires, so an email/call to TST is definitely required IMO.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I had seen some that screwed onto the valve stem, I think they were blue tooth, but probably too heavy to have whipping around in the off road arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think the secret with whichever ones you install is keeping the readout screen dry. Friend of mines set was working well till he got it wet. Now he's got a useless set of sensors still in the rims. Mount up high under the roof sounds a much better place. His was bagged on the inside of screen. Protected, but obviously not enough

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just bought a setup from tiretraker for the RV and trailer, plus another for my street bike. Not a lot of miles, but so far so good. It's the style that replaced the valve cap, so not sure how it would do off-road, but shoot them an email! Can't beat a lifetime guarantee

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I built a billet box to hold all of the sensors for a customer that hated the sensors. Installed all sensors in the box, sealed it up, filled it with nitrogen and he keeps the box behind his seat. been running it that way for years now. Another happy customer

·
Registered
2019 Maverick XRC
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just wanted to update this. I found what seems to be a good solution, FOBO bike 2. You need two sets for all 4 tires. Measures down to 5 psi, and is IP57 rated. Displays on tablet or phone with an audible alert if pressure drops below a configurable threshold even with the app backgrounded

Only downside is sensors are external only, so for trail riding one might get damaged from time to time

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Or water logged I just don’t see any longevity out of sensors that are external. They will get ripped off at some point round here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts