Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[IMG]

I carry both the Super Strap and a Yank'um in the truck. A smaller super strap in the SXS.
The Yankum uses kinetic energy and is amazing. It's mostly for towing stuck friends or them towing me.

Sometimes I get the knock at the RV door and someone is stuck in the desert. If they have a good point to connect to I may help. Way too easy to ruin someone's vehicle if you don't do it right. I was with Scott Tynan once in Glamis and saw a guy helping a new stuck MoHo and ripped off the MoHo's entire front facia. I don't want to be that much of a good samaritan.

[IMG]

Notice how you put a little slack in the rope then go forward to Yank. The rope works with kinetic energy. It's a theory that really works:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have a strap similar to your Yankum, with a carry bag, that I bought in the '70's. Used it for years and one time I loaned it out. It came back in the bag and I put it back in the truck. Next use I took it out of the bag and it had a knot in the middle, O-GREAT! I couldn't get the knot out, so I cut it in 2, sewed loops in each and now use it for short Yankum's and tree savers. I've been meaning to take them apart and sew together as one.

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova

·
Registered
198 Posts
I carry a 20' tow strap with soft shackle ropes. I love the idea of the kinetic rope. But, we often use the tow strap to tie off to a tree or extend the winch and I don't want to carry both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts