Maverick needs for racing:

Full Clutch setup $2050
Belt $160
Brakes $170
Gussets $140
Power Steering $650
Shocks Revalved $1500

Total : $4670.00

Or sell mine for 15kish and buy XP1K for 20K and everything's done..........

I've been CAN-AM only for years, but the kool-aid might be getting watered down. Looking at the PoPo in person made me feel like I have a re-modeled Commander versus a ground up race vehicle.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you think that list of upgrades is big for the maverick, add up what you would meed to make a Polaris bullet proof.....Talk to some of the racers on here that have driven both and let them tell you the Pro's and Con's of each. Either one can be made to rock but the maverick is a much better starting platform hands down....The XP1K is far from race ready out of the box.....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
OMG go read the rzr1k forums section - and all there problems

ull need all that chit plus 10k more to last in a xp - belts and shocks is the least of there worries, lol

xp1k rides worse then the 900 there all saying also

do sum searching as mega would say and save urself

Reactions: canamlove

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Hahaha you're kidding right?
The XP1000 feels like a play school machine made from recycled soda bottles compared to the Maverick. I can out run handle any XP I've ran against and the 1000 is even sloppier than the 900. I'm not on the Can Am Kool Aid either as I came from a Teryx and would happily go back if they made the power. The suspension in my opinion is better than the XP and with my shocks I can have you running circles around them. Trailing arms aren't all their cracked up to be.
The reality is that every machine is going to suck you dry racing. There's no way around it. I choose to go with a strong frame and reliable engine and diffs.
If you do go the other way make sure you buy a lot of fire extinguishers, they're smokin hot.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
If I had a clutch on it and it wasn't raining the last three days I'd let you take it around the test track

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
lol..if you put the extra 4 grand to equal the cost of mav vs xp 1000 you would be smoking them. dollar to dollar, look at what you get for the 20000 price. with mav you have 4-5 grand extra to use to build on your ride. even stock to stock, shocks, ride suspension is superior, interior and form fit and function is better and top end speed is about even. and in some areas you run mav is better hands down. go ahead and make a 20 grand mistake, and when your dropping your popo off at the dealer ship to fix for the 5th time or going to buy several thousands of stuff to upgrade your popo, since you found out its not what you thought it was, then keep on driving down the road to the canam dealer to buy a maverick back.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I think the XP1K will be a good machine... next year, maybe. There's just too many problems with them this year. Polaris will address the issues, but not till the next model year at the earliest. And those that have the 2014 models are gunna be wishing they waited another year to buy one. JMHO.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think the XP1K will be a good machine... next year, maybe. There's just too many problems with them this year. Polaris will address the issues, but not till the next model year at the earliest. And those that have the 2014 models are gunna be wishing they waited another year to buy one. JMHO.
I wonder if they will drop the prices on any leftover 2014's when 15's come out like Can Am did with the 13Mav's

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
No. Dealer cost on a Polaris is right around 18,000-18,200. Can Am puts more margin in their vehicles for their dealers.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
No. Dealer cost on a Polaris is right around 18,000-18,200. Can Am puts more margin in their vehicles for their dealers.
Seriously.....I am betting it costs less than the Maverick to build by a significant amount!

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Yes I'm serious. I was going to the XP 1000 from a dealer buddy of mine and my price was 18,200. I know he has a couple hundred in there to cover some of his expenses as he should but he said that was his cost to me. Somewhere in that general area. Dealers make their money back on service and parts just like a car dealer.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I'm guessing they had around the upper 14s in the XRS when it first came out. I don't know if they have a dealer hold back or not which would allow some of these places to sell the base for that 12.5k which is probably cost.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm guessing they had around the upper 14s in the XRS when it first came out. I don't know if they have a dealer hold back or not which would allow some of these places to sell the base for that 12.5k which is probably cost.
I paid less than $14K for my XRS in July.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cost on a 14 base is $14700 in yellow. Add $100 for white. The 13's had/have at least $1000 rebate on them. Cost on a 14 XRS/Dps is right around $17000. I can buy an XP 1 for about a grand more than a 14 XRS/Dps I don't get where everyone says the XP1 is 4 to 5 k more than the maverick!! Maybe a 13' base maverick but not a comparable 14' XRS. Keep in mind the popo has doors and real 29" tires not the 2.0 crap bighorns that can am uses. Im not jumping on the XP1 band wagon but I got admit they are bad ass looking, just not what I'm looking for in a woods machine!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
If I had a clutch on it and it wasn't raining the last three days I'd let you take it around the test track
I drive thru Charlotte all the time if you have a place to park a 80 foot car carrier I might have to stop by and say hi

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 101 Posts