Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently rolled my new Xxc (ten times) and State Farm says it will likely total. The machine has about 350 miles and maybe 20 hours on the clock. I have a few accessories such as a winch front and back, four point harnesses and a few odds and ends all of which I plan on removing to put on my new Xxc. What I'd like to have is what I should fight for on value. The trouble with Xxc's is that there seem to be hardly any for sale. Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
2013 maverick xrs nada value is around 13,500

·
Registered
684 Posts
I hope everyone was ok from rolling ten times? I would think that you could take the msrp and take 30% off of that for the initial depreciation when you took it home. I'm not saying that you should agree to that but it might be what the insurance company tries to offer, unless you have a full replacement plan.
Let us know what they offer you.
Post pics of the car after rolling ten times.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post pics of the car after rolling ten times.[/QUOTE]

I have no pictures because despite rolling that violently from near the top of a 200+ tall dune the only real damage visible was a broken right front tie rod and broken cv same. When you look at the machine you would never know it had gone through what it did, a good testimonial to a great roll cage. But what is not apparent is the frame is tweaked. As to injuries my girlfriend took the brunt with a very ugly compound fracture of her right forearm breaking three bones that came out at some pretty weird angles but after 2 1/2 hours surgery, two plates, twelve screws and SEVENTY staples to close, she is doing ok. My whole left side is a giant bruise but otherwise ok. I'm doing better than I deserve. Yes it was a very rough ride.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Is she still your girlfriend? and does she forgive you for crashing?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't even want to imagine that crazy ride...holy moly! I'm glad you guys are ok. Your girlfriend probably won't ever ride with you again. I know my wife has a hard time riding with me in the dunes.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I just had a go around with state farm on my 33' toyhauler. I have had insurance with them for about 20 years & have had 1 accident many years ago and a couple of small claims and they tried to give me this low ball offer that was about the price I had in the custom tires & wheels. Fought them for about a month & had to do a little leg work but got them up another $6k. Never had any problems before with them but they tried to get out of paying on my trailer.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I would say being so new, you should fight to get almost what you paid for it. I have State Farm also, had to fight them on both of my claims, they will come up, just dont take their first or second offer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well today I took delivery of my new Xxc after taking State Farm's offer of $16,884 for my old Xxc. For anybody interested I paid $17,650 OTD for my new one with the 2 1/2 year warranty thrown in. So a bit over $700 difference. Not bad me thinks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something I forgot to mention was I stripped off my winches, four points and crossbar so it was just as it left the factory except a bit buggered up. A wrecker is supposed to pick it up tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts