Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Awesome build, thanks for sharing. I love my XDS too, just wish I had some of your skills so I could make mine as bullet proof as yours!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well I'm a member of the Hole in the wheel club:question:
I tried to slip around the edge of a mud bog and the left side dropped into a hole about the consistency of a fence post concrete slurry- complete with lots of small rocks.
Made it about 50 feet before a 1/4" hole relieved my tire of all it's air.
No spare and about 30 miles from civilization, I first tried to optimistically JB weld the hole.
View attachment 211962
That failed miserably, so on to the trail "Fix".
View attachment 211970
Removed the beadlock ring and stuffed as much grass as possible into the wheel and forced the ring back on. It looked like the tire had about a 5-6 psi sidewall bulge. Only felt the rim hit a couple of times on the 30 mile ride out. Of course I was going 15-20mph vs. 50-60 on the way out.
After:
View attachment 211978
The rim and tire received no additional damage. I welded up the wheel and I'm back in action!
View attachment 211986

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Thanks for the trail "fix" idea, I don't think I would have ever thought of that. Nice work on the repair. I think I'm going to finally remove my rock scrapers after seeing this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Well I had a little flop, so I thought I'd update this thread. Only cosmetic damage- scraped the plastic on the driver's side, everything else was fine. I didn't really care for the yellow anyway:wink: IMG_2073.JPG
I've also added a S&B, factory UTV skid and some new wheels and tires.
here is the new desert Special Ops edition.
IMG_2254.JPG IMG_2255.JPG IMG_2335.JPG \
Yes I know, I'm a tech retard and can't seem to figure out hoe to post pics correctly.:crazy:

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Well I had a little flop, so I thought I'd update this thread. Only cosmetic damage- scraped the plastic on the driver's side, everything else was fine. I didn't really care for the yellow anyway:wink: View attachment 220724
I've also added a S&B, factory UTV skid and some new wheels and tires.
here is the new desert Special Ops edition.
View attachment 220726 View attachment 220728 View attachment 220730 \
Yes I know, I'm a tech retard and can't seem to figure out hoe to post pics correctly.:crazy:
That black and tan is badass looking! Nice . Tim

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Turn your camera sideways and take pictures in landscape mode. They'll post correctly then.

Reactions: h82crash

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
photos the wrong way are bad but videos done the wrong way drive me crazy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Well it's been a while since I updated this thread. Everything is holding up great- except the stock wheels and Big Horns. Now have STI HD 5-2 wheels with 30" Ultracross'- much better.
I also made some mirror/HID mounts to compliment the 50" light bar. HID's reach out much farther the the LED's.
IMG_2544.JPG IMG_2543.JPG

Also added a spare tire mount/bumper, CT radius rods and tie rods.
More on the tire mount here:
https://www.maverickforums.net/forum/170-maverick-x3/109600-custom-bumper-tire-mount.html
IMG_2802.JPG

I never liked the little frown front bumper on the XRC bumper, so I cut it off and added a bumper that kinda matches the back with a HF 5K# winch.
IMG_2804.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Idk why that clutch pic ended up in there??
Anyway, to beef things up a bit, I added a Factory UTV 1/2" skidplate with the aluminum under the trans.
And now that I don't have the factory wheels, I welded a gusset on the big "C" on the 64" model trailing arms. You can see how the originals were bent in the first post on this thread.
IMG_2803.JPG

Wheels are 14x7 with 5/2 offset and 30x10-14 tires.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
On the inside I installed these super badass Bombshell Gear door bags. They use a Molle military style mounting for a variety of different bags, pouches, firstaid kits, holsters, etc. I love 'em.
KAGR2551.JPG

I also added an EBay knock off device holder. Fits good and appears just like the Can Am unit??
IMG_2809.JPG
Now that it's starting to dry out and warm up, I'm ready to use this thing again. Tired of looking at it just sit there this winter. BTW, over 1900 miles on it so far, hopefully to put at least that much on this year!

·
Premium Member
10,444 Posts
Nice! Glad to see it's come back together. Happy trails!

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
Very nice, you have some good skills

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I forgot to mention, I added the Shock Therapy TLS kit when i did the CT radius rods.
AND........ a PwrTune tuner with a stock '18 172hp tune and a stage 3int. tune.
Call me crazy, but I actually prefer the 172hp tune for the desert. I like to drive in 2wd and the stage 3int. is crazy. Hell the 172hp makes traction pretty much non-existent with 30" Ultra-cross'. I'll use the hotter tune when I go to the dunes; it only takes about 7 minutes to reflash.
Yes I of course installed an '18 fuel pump too, with an EVO V-Flow intake.:smile:

41 - 60 of 62 Posts