Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start this thread so we can get an idea on some of the things we should know about our buggies since we don't have a Shop Manual to go by yet... Let me know what you think...:big smile:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check beadlocks at least every other ride, they will loosen up and even tighten Sometimes...
They should be 71 in/lbs

·
Registered
221 Posts
Deff check all the suspension control arm bolts, if ur doing alot of high speed stuff like i am u dont want them coming loose. i hand one rear come loose not good. i tightened them all to 45ft-lbs . havent had an issue sense

·
Registered
221 Posts
i installed my front gusset kit ,so it looks like i should torque the a arm bolts to 45 lbs?
Yes torque them to 45ft lbs that was the torque i felt the best. I heard 50, and even 70 from someone and thats way way to much 45 is perfect ive been running with that torque now for about a month and paint marked them and they havent moved or messed up the shims or rubber bushings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I tried to tighten the bead locks , I put 71 foot pounds but it seems like its never tighten before , I want
To know if I'm doing it right ?

·
Registered
400 Posts
don't forget to let air out first, can't properly check with aired up

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thanks on the control arm bolts. That's exactly what I needed. Does anyone happen to know the torque specs for the steering rack where you install the gusset?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts