Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't found any information on the torq lockers other than they are coming and The supplier sold out in 3hrs. Anyone here install and test yet? I'm split as of yet between this or the halo.

·
Administrator
2,350 Posts
I haven't found any information on the torq lockers other than they are coming and The supplier sold out in 3hrs. Anyone here install and test yet? I'm split as of yet between this or the halo.
I'm surprised you haven't found ANY info on it...their website is pretty extensive on the locker....I Googled it, took 10 seconds.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought one the day I bought my X3, have it sitting on the shelf, wanted to try it without it first to get a feel for it so I know how to compare it.... I made one trip to Moab and to be honest was surprised how well it did without it. With the super low gearing it did better than expected stock on some pretty difficult trails

·
Registered
579 Posts
I put some feedback on another thread aussie locker one,It does give you real 4 wheel drive,And there is some steering changes.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Another thing is my mav is now pulling kinda hard to the right and I have about 250 miles on the locker now and changing toe doesn't help.We put the locker in my sons xmr Saturday and he went down the road and back.Only thing he said was its really pulling one way,Asked if it was to the right and he said yeah.Just wonder if its because the visco is still there with the locker?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I don't understand how a locker can make a unit pull as they are designed to make both front wheels pull evenly . And in 2wd they don't pull as they are free wheeling

·
Registered
494 Posts
Makes sense that it will pull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not to be offensive, but why does it make sense it would pull. It should NOT. Especially by design. It only engages if one wheel turns slower than the other. By design, which is similar to a Detroit locker, it will let one wheel "free wheel" in a corner but when no turn or wheel slip is encountered there should be no lock up.

Sam

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't understand how a locker can make a unit pull as they are designed to make both front wheels pull evenly . And in 2wd they don't pull as they are free wheeling
I know what your saying troy I don't quite understand it either. But have installed in two mavs now and if you let go the wheel you are straight for the ditch.Im thinking something to do with visco still in there.To the other guy,the front wheels are kinda locked together all the time to a point of when the locker ratchets hard to explain but its very noticeable at times,will be keeping the locker installed though its not terrible by any means.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I know what your saying troy I don't quite understand it either. But have installed in two mavs now and if you let go the wheel you are straight for the ditch.Im thinking something to do with visco still in there.To the other guy,the front wheels are kinda locked together all the time to a point of when the locker ratchets hard to explain but its very noticeable at times,will be keeping the locker installed though its not terrible by any means.
I installed my locker in my mav and it don't pull to one side . Having a locker in only replaces the axle and spider gears . The only way it can make a unit pull one way is if tire pressures are not the same . I found that with my halo as well . With more air pressure a tire is taller so the bike will pull to the side with the shorter tire .

PS: I have taken my mav up to 70 mph with the Aussie and can let go of the wheel .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm surprised you haven't found ANY info on it...their website is pretty extensive on the locker....I Googled it, took 10 seconds.
I've definitely found the website information. I'm talking specifically about X3 owners from the forum that have installed and tested it. Preferably XDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought one the day I bought my X3, have it sitting on the shelf, wanted to try it without it first to get a feel for it so I know how to compare it.... I made one trip to Moab and to be honest was surprised how well it did without it. With the super low gearing it did better than expected stock on some pretty difficult trails
I can install it on mine for you....I mean, you aren't using it right?

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another thing is my mav is now pulling kinda hard to the right and I have about 250 miles on the locker now and changing toe doesn't help.We put the locker in my sons xmr Saturday and he went down the road and back.Only thing he said was its really pulling one way,Asked if it was to the right and he said yeah.Just wonder if its because the visco is still there with the locker?
Good info, thanks!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I installed my locker in my mav and it don't pull to one side . Having a locker in only replaces the axle and spider gears . The only way it can make a unit pull one way is if tire pressures are not the same . I found that with my halo as well . With more air pressure a tire is taller so the bike will pull to the side with the shorter tire .

PS: I have taken my mav up to 70 mph with the Aussie and can let go of the wheel .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you have the QE? I ask because I'm looking at putting this into my X3DS and 2011 commander 1000 base. If I understand correctly, both differentials are the non QE. The more info I can get between all models would be great!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can install it on mine for you....I mean, you aren't using it right?

lol I'm going to install just wanted to get a feel for it stock first haha

·
Registered
487 Posts
Anyone on here that needs any help just ask? I'll gladly help with OR without a HALO! I've been in these diffs plenty of times and maybe can offer advise! Here to help

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 132 Posts