Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M18 Fuel 1/2" High Torque Impact
(2) Milwaukee Red M18 4.0 Ah Batteries
M12 3/8" Ratchet (small head)
(2) Milwaukee Red M12 Batteries
Milwaukee M18 - M12 Battery Charger.

Feel like a little kid at Christmas, now I caught the bug I'm sure there's much more I'll want to add.

Time to put the pneumatic and corded stuff to the side.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Nice. I’ve been switching my tools also over the last little bit to Milwaukee also. I’ve got all you have purchased plus the fuel 12v ratchet with the bigger head. I keep the small head ratchet in the buggy at all times. Next will be 3/8” impact . Super strong and more compact than my high torque 1/2” impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been putting up with my old pneumatic's and hand tools way too long.
Some I still find goes back to my high school days wrenching on my first cars/buggy
and 427 SS Camaro.
Then 30 years ago bought a big set/chest of Craftsman and Ingersoll impacts and ratchets.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
615 Posts
3/8” stubby M12 impact is my favorite tool but the new right angle die grinder M12 is starting to win me more...

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've never used Milwaukee. I left the corded/pneumatic stuff for the Craftsman 19.2 years ago. Then, I had lithium battery issues with the Craftsman and began switching over to the brushless Dewalt 20v max. I've been extremely impressed. Any comparison between Milwaukee and Dewalt or simply personal preference?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never used Milwaukee. I left the corded/pneumatic stuff for the Craftsman 19.2 years ago. Then, I had lithium battery issues with the Craftsman and began switching over to the brushless Dewalt 20v max. I've been extremely impressed. Any comparison between Milwaukee and Dewalt or simply personal preference?
Majority of people who I know who uses professionally seems to lean to Milwaukee.
I know the torque difference is significant on the 1/2 impact.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I use dewalt everyday at work. It’s what my company buys mainly because Lowe’s sells them and are easily replaced when broke. With that said dewalt is a good tool , but they just can’t handle the abuse from my guys that work for me. Being in construction to get the job done we have to abuse our them . It’s just the way it is. I buy probably 10-15 impacts a year , 25 sawzalls , and roughly 10-15 band saws yearly. To me this is excessive. I’m in the process of working a deal with Milwaukee to hopefully cut costs in the long run by buying less tools . A lot of tools are used by people who have no idea on how to use them properly. Young guys can’t seem to figure out to let the tool do the work and not to force it. My Milwaukee tools have yet to let me down over the past 5 years so either it’s a sign or I just have more experience using them. Time will tell

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use dewalt everyday at work. It’s what my company buys mainly because Lowe’s sells them and are easily replaced when broke. With that said dewalt is a good tool , but they just can’t handle the abuse from my guys that work for me. Being in construction to get the job done we have to abuse our them . It’s just the way it is. I buy probably 10-15 impacts a year , 25 sawzalls , and roughly 10-15 band saws yearly. To me this is excessive. I’m in the process of working a deal with Milwaukee to hopefully cut costs in the long run by buying less tools . A lot of tools are used by people who have no idea on how to use them properly. Young guys can’t seem to figure out to let the tool do the work and not to force it. My Milwaukee tools have yet to let me down over the past 5 years so either it’s a sign or I just have more experience using them. Time will tell

Yes I had a talk about this with some construction workers a month ago where they said the down time with broken tools has become an issue with Dewalt where spending a little extra for Milwaukee saves them money by far.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3/8” stubby M12 impact is my favorite tool but the new right angle die grinder M12 is starting to win me more...
I think the 3/8" stubby would get used a lot...
I can see a grinder, cut off, hammer/drill as well as a sawzall too.

ch ching!

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
615 Posts
At least when it comes to the automotive (including SxS) world DeWalt and others just don’t have the selection and support. Milwaukee has done a great job pulling some market share from companies like Snap On.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At least when it comes to the automotive (including SxS) world DeWalt and others just don’t have the selection and support. Milwaukee has done a great job pulling some market share from companies like Snap On.
I've become to learn that Snap On isn't what a lot of people claim them to be, especially for the price.
Those sales people and overhead with a fleet of trucks don't come cheap.
Maybe their quality has dropped a bit over the decades.:unsure:

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I’m a Milwaukee guy too. I’m planning to pick up the 3/8” stubby to carry in the X3 and also looking at the M12 grease gun. I have the worst luck with grease guns - from the Lincoln pneumatic to manual ones - and am hoping the M12 will actually work when I need it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m a Milwaukee guy too. I’m planning to pick up the 3/8” stubby to carry in the X3 and also looking at the M12 grease gun. I have the worst luck with grease guns - from the Lincoln pneumatic to manual ones - and am hoping the M12 will actually work when I need it.
Geez..... I couldn't resist and just ordered the 3/8" stubby, found one for $142 :rolleyes:
I think next will be a cut off tool.

·
Registered
181 Posts
What is that red sexy beast? I see a Harley tire, but the rest seems awful racey for a cruiser.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Don’t forget the inflator. Super handy.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts